X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MaxBell
    replied
    If I wanted to have my windows roll up when I auto lock the car with a key fob, what would be the best way to do that?

(I don't have a key fob thing picked out yet, but was going to go with this:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234209)

Leave a comment:

• RoadHazard
    replied
    I think the size is not too bad. I put mine in the dashboard behind the black plastic pieces in the glove box. The wires are long enough. But my car is RHD so that may make it different.

And price-wise I think they're comparable. At least on Amazon the DEI is cheaper than two Autoloc. But you may be able to find a better deal.

What else do you guys find the DEI lacking? I've used it for several years in my previous car and didn't find anything wrong about it. But maybe that's just me because I didn't look for a lot of features. Not trying to defend the DEI but I wanted to mention it as another possibility after I saw Luke's comment for not able to find a module that controls both windows separately.

Leave a comment:

• yanal
    replied
    Plus it's huge ! You can't hide it under the e brake console, and two autoloc modules are still cheaper than one DEI

Leave a comment:

• RoadHazard
    replied
    I'm surprised no one mentioned the DEI 530T yet. One module controls two windows separately. Pretty easy to wire up too. If you want to use it with E36 switches, you need switches with large white plugs.

Leave a comment:

• yanal
    replied
    There's nothing wrong, that's the one I used, and yes you buy one per window

Leave a comment:

• MaxBell
    replied
    So what is wrong with using the AutoLOC WC1000? You have to use two of them?

Leave a comment:

• yanal
    replied
    Yeah just cut them, they don't have to be connected anywhere

Leave a comment:

• MaloventEvil
    replied
    @yanal On the one touch module, you cut the red loop wire that was built into the module, right? Which end of the red wire goes to what?

Leave a comment:

• StereoInstaller1
    replied
    I have yet to find a module that has separate controllers per window. Scytek does not make their 2 window module, just that one. Well, they may have changed, I have no clue. The old 2 window Autoloc module would do 1 touch just by installing it normally, I just want mine to run on the soft touch switches as BMW intended.

Leave a comment:

• kojack
    replied
    Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
    That is the Scytek unit I use. It does 2 windows up and down, 4 windows up or 4 windows down.

The issue is that the trigger circuit runs both windows up at the same time, so you cannot use it for proper dual window "one touch". You could use it to roll up or down all windows, but not individually.
    So Scytek makes that autoloc module? Interesting. Have you found anything that works to control both windows seperately? It just seems silly that you'd have to purchase a module per window.

Leave a comment:

• StereoInstaller1
    replied
    Originally posted by kojack View Post
    Has anybody tried the autoloc 4 window module? same price, 4 windows, should fit the bill.
    This one right meow.
    That is the Scytek unit I use. It does 2 windows up and down, 4 windows up or 4 windows down.

The issue is that the trigger circuit runs both windows up at the same time, so you cannot use it for proper dual window "one touch". You could use it to roll up or down all windows, but not individually.

Leave a comment:

• Blackout
    replied
    And it has an E36 on the box. Hmmmm

Leave a comment:

• kojack
    replied
    Has anybody tried the autoloc 4 window module? same price, 4 windows, should fit the bill.
    This one right meow.

Leave a comment:

• vasilisM3
    replied
    Great work man!!!

Leave a comment:

• yanal
    replied
    so klavender1 was nice enough and bought the Skytek ACCWR-8-4, 4 Window Rollup module, and shipped it to me to try and see if i can modify it like the Autoloc module to clear things up for the E30 community, also sent me couple of E36 switches which got lost in mail and still he sent another switch by mail, and also paypaled me some monies, so thank you. :up:

Anyways the Skytek ACCWR-8-4 IS USELESS, while i managed to get it to control all windows individually just like the Autoloc one, the problem is that the Skytec one wasn't designed to control each window individually for the auto up or down, it's more of an extension to an alarm system or keyless remote where you press one button and ALL windows goes down, or ALL windows goes up, or if you like the auto vent feature when its super hot out there and i doubt it even works with the E30 since it doesn't ground the other wire for the window motor while supplying +12 to the other which i think is required, I'll find out in few days.

I'll keep looking for cheaper/easier options even if i have to design a new board just for the E30 from scratch.

Yanal

Leave a comment:

Working...
X