No announcement yet.

Avital Champion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I used to install these way back in the day. They are the entry level Clifford alarms, IIRC. They were decent and hardly ever had any issues with them. I was racking my brain trying to remember what everything was on them as I read through your thread... sounds like you got most all of it out. That smaller group of wires was probably the impact sensor pigtail, if memory serves me. And do what Luke said... chase all the wires and get rid of them. No sense in taking chances, if you've done this much work so far...

Garey

Comment

Originally posted by codyep3 View Post
      you should see the pile O' wires and devices. Obviously it wasn't installed by a professional installer. But I am glad all these excess wires are out of my car. I am left with 2 wires, that extend to and almost through the drivers side floor board. Any idea what they could lead too? I know they aren't bmw wires.
      Are they red and black? If yes, they are the siren wires and if you follow the pigtail of 3 smaller wires you left alone, I'll bet you'll find the impact sensor wire tied to something...

Garey

Comment

Originally posted by dogsbark26 View Post
        My guess on the two wires would be to that alarm horn you found in the engine bay. What color wires connect to it?
        negattory. Already have those out. Different colors
        2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
        (Daily Driver)
        Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
        KW V2 Coilovers
        VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

Originally posted by codyep3 View Post
          negattory. Already have those out. Different colors
          Okay, what colors are they? Maybe light flash and alarm main power feed or hood pinswitch, but colors would help... I think the light flash wire was white and the hood pin wire was brown...

Garey

Comment

Working...
          X