E30 & E36 Keys/Keyless Entry Recommedations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 & E36 Keys/Keyless Entry Recommedations

Before someone says check out the sticky above, I did.

That is what I'm understanding to be the most economical way to go about getting the Keyless entry. I don't need an alarm, necessarily. I think they're annoying. I don't know what experiences any of you guys have had with keyless entry systems, so I'm here to learn. Also, I need keys. I'd like to get a BMW logo'd key or even a flip key would be neat. Yeah, I'm cool like that. Going in a 91 325i and 94 318is. AAAAAAND GO.

Nothing?

Comment

My take is, get the entire alarm for $15 more. It comes with keyless entry as a feature along with other channels and of course an alarm. If you're set on just a keyless entry system that one looks good. There's also a kit with flip keys that just need to be cut.
      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Lol. Is theft a real consern with that e36? LOL.

See the sticky at the top of this sub-fourm
        Originally posted by Matt-B
        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

For the E36 I'd say go factory. Can double lock your car, and the siren is pretty unique so you'll know it's yours. Best of all, it's plug and play because E36s were prewired for alarms.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
          i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
          Originally posted by slammin.e28
          Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
            My take is, get the entire alarm for $15 more. It comes with keyless entry as a feature along with other channels and of course an alarm. If you're set on just a keyless entry system that one looks good. There's also a kit with flip keys that just need to be cut.
            This one?

Where did you find the keys? This website sucks and I'm impatient.

Originally posted by george graves View Post
            Lol. Is theft a real consern with that e36? LOL.

See the sticky at the top of this sub-fourm
            Wow. I know for a fact you're illiterate considering I said I read the sticky but I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or an asshole with the comment about THAT E36. Either way, you're free to leave my thread.

[/runonsentences]

Originally posted by accident View Post
            For the E36 I'd say go factory. Can double lock your car, and the siren is pretty unique so you'll know it's yours. Best of all, it's plug and play because E36s were prewired for alarms.
            I would love to do that. Where can I find one? I found one on ebay but it's about $150 and I'm pretty sure it's not complete.

Comment

If you actually read the sticky you would know exactly which system everyone goes with.
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
              VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

Originally posted by trackjunkie21 View Post
                If you actually read the sticky you would know exactly which system everyone goes with.
                Excuse me for asking for advice to verify the information recovered from a 7 year old sticky. I did read it. Got mixed answers and mostly just people asking install questions/showing pics of their installs.

Ordered this: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...MUNDIAL-4.html

And this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/350504268498...ht_2943wt_1163

Not sure if I can pair the key to that kit but I guess I'll learn. I know it says 315Mhz but I'm not sure what frequency it operates on.

Comment

Dang, I could have sold you a keyless entry system with functioning flip blade keys for a hair more then that.
                  Last edited by einstein57; 11-17-2011, 12:34 AM.
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                  My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by JCarp90 View Post
                    I would love to do that. Where can I find one? I found one on ebay but it's about $150 and I'm pretty sure it's not complete.
                    What's it come with? There should be a blinky light (obviously not essential to the kit), the control box, a wiring harness for the control box, the siren, and 1 or 2 remotes. There is late model alarm and an early model. The early model (95 and under) has 3 buttons on a square shaped remote. All E36s are pre-wired but I'm not sure if the systems are interchangable.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
                    i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
                    Originally posted by slammin.e28
                    Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
                      Dang, I could have sold you a keyless entry system with funtioning flip blade keys for a hair more then that.
                      Damn. How much are we talking?

Originally posted by accident View Post
                      What's it come with? There should be a blinky light (obviously not essential to the kit), the control box, a wiring harness for the control box, the siren, and 1 or 2 remotes. There is late model alarm and an early model. The early model (95 and under) has 3 buttons on a square shaped remote. All E36s are pre-wired but I'm not sure if the systems are interchangable.
                      Hmm. It was definitely the square fob and 3 buttons. Let me see if I can dig up what I found.

Comment

$80 shipped. I'm going to officially start selling them in december.

www.gecoils.com
                        My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

pics, do want.

Comment

Originally posted by JCarp90 View Post
                            Damn. How much are we talking?
                            Check the sticky. :)
                            Originally posted by Matt-B
                            hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

PM me. I need some pics and info. I might just return this stuff and pick that up. Let me know.

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                              Check the sticky. :)

I don't see anything new.

Comment

Working...
                              X