Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to install a killer stereo for $500 (loads of pics)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rahb View Post
    SWEET. will be contacting you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    *like*

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

whats up fellas i have my music for my e30 vert 1988 as soon as i put in i will post lpics four ten inch two behind the seat two in the truck four 6.5 on vert truck hatch stay tune

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Hey fellas i have 2 oe tweeter in factory location. Also i have two 5 inch in kick panel and truck. I win bets a lot about my system…and what's in the truck.
        Originally posted by Andy.B
        Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
        1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
        ~~~~~~~~~~
        I was born on 3/25…
        ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

This thread sure went downhill fast...
          -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
          08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
          318iS, slow build/garage queen...
          '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
          Originally posted by roguetoaster
          Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Yeah, looks like some cleanup would be helpful. Maybe one of the mods would do some housekeeping?

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

Nice job Luke, can't wait to take the 540 to the next step.

Cheers,

Jim
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IronmanE30 View Post
                Nice job Luke, can't wait to take the 540 to the next step.

Cheers,

Jim
                Jim, the UBT that was due friday is STILL not here, it's 5PM.

Still no parts...dammit!

Luke

Closing SOON!

Comment

No worries Luke,

I am in no hurry, I still need to sort out the correct amp and other parts.

Cheers,

Jim
                  sigpic

Comment

Like, the setup you layed out sounds fantastic in my coupe. Thank for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by Sumo E30 View Post
                      Like, the setup you layed out sounds fantastic in my coupe. Thank for the info.
                      Awesome, glad I could help.

Now get some pics of your car posted up!

Luke

Closing SOON!

Comment

Ugh.

I found this behind a very large, very heavy and very ugly home made box with 3 10's in it. I want something much lighter.

Seeing how someone has already helped themselves with the holesaw, is there any hope for good sound in this trunk?

Comment

Lol at iceman I dont think so am restoring my e30 vert I will post what am putting in it tomorrow beware bitches

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by keyland View Post
                            Ugh.

I found this behind a very large, very heavy and very ugly home made box with 3 10's in it. I want something much lighter.

Seeing how someone has already helped themselves with the holesaw, is there any hope for good sound in this trunk?

Absolutely. Your car will need just a little more surgery, but you could easily install one of our 10" boxes and get back a whole bunch of your trunk, while getting more bass of higher quality.

Feel free to send me a list of what all is in that mess, I would be happy to make suggestions

Closing SOON!

Comment

Is it worth it to spend $80-100 on some component speakers for the front and say $50-80 on some two ways for the rear? In other words, will they be as good or better than stock premium speakers.

Fwiw they'll be tied into a 5 channel amp either way.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                              Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Well if your speakers are old and beat up and sound like shit, yes it is worth it. My car came/has 20 year old BostonAcoustic components in the front and replaced the blown rears with used premium speakers (from ebay) for cheap + 10" lukebox and jensen5500 amp = FTMFW. Couldnt be happier, thanks Luke!

According to Luke, premium stock speakers sound as good if not better than any other 5.25" speakers, so go with whatever u can get for best price. But u must get that Lukebox.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X