Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to install a killer stereo for $500 (loads of pics)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Edirtyy808 View Post
    how much for the e30 10' and 12' boxes?
    OK, here are the website prices:

E3010 "Partially Upholstered", the somewhat famous "Lukebox" is $180, plus shipping. Fully upholstered in black is $219 and in the "near perfect match" gray is $239, all plus shipping.

E3012 is $239 in black and $259 in gray...again, plus shipping.

Here is a quick note on how to order from us:

Once you have decided on which of our products you would like to purchase, you can then decide on which of our shipping methods you would prefer.

We use PayPal/UPS as our exclusive shipping carrier. We get incredible rates by using them, and we both receive an email with tracking numbers and addresses. All standard UPS rules still apply, check with them if you want more details.

It is far more convenient for us if you have your shipping address correct on your PayPal account prior to ordering. We can usually change the address if needed, up until your order is ready for shipping. We ask you to put any different address in the "notes" section of your payment email.

We have 2 ways of calculating your shipping costs. First is our "guesstimate" method, in which we basically combine our experience with a guess based on your location. Once your product is ready to ship, we will invoice you for the shipping charges. Once that invoice is paid, your products are off to UPS.

Second is the "exact cost" method. This one is a little more complicated, but it seems to be the only method of getting you an exact cost.

How this works is you paypal us $1 as "purchase of goods". This allows us to give an exact cost for shipping your products, and you have the option of paying the shipping costs up front or when your products are ready to ship.

We are working on our website. All of the details will be there, sooner or later!

Thanks,
    Luke

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

wheres the diy for the 12' box?

Comment

wheres the diy for the 12' box?
        Oh wow, forgot about that! It is here somewhere in 20,000+ posts...oh crap!

Anyway, how it works these days is we send you a nice little template. Shove the template in, mark the holes and make the 2 3.5" holes exactly where the template fits...they have lined up perfectly on every one we have done since our re-tooling.

Thanks! Keep the questions coming!

Luke

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

Thanks for the help, interested in a 12' in the near future! i have a 12' JL sub, and a rockford amp. i think its only a 1 or 2 channel. the audio system was already done when i purchased the car. So what should i do? get a 5 channel amp? what about the wires tough? Thanks in advance luke. Great work you got.

Comment

Thanks for the help, interested in a 12' in the near future! i have a 12' JL sub, and a rockford amp. i think its only a 1 or 2 channel. the audio system was already done when i purchased the car. So what should i do? get a 5 channel amp? what about the wires tough? Thanks in advance luke. Great work you got.
            Get me exact model numbers so we know if what you have is a proper combo.

Pretty much all JL woofers aside form the W7 fit...and me and the guy that designed that woofer think the same, his woofers do kick ass in my boxes.

Closing SOON!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
              Get me exact model numbers so we know if what you have is a proper combo.

Pretty much all JL woofers aside form the W7 fit...and me and the guy that designed that woofer think the same, his woofers do kick ass in my boxes.
              i believe its a jl 12w1v2 sub and a rockford p200 or p300 2 channel amp.

everything is already wired. so i wouldnt have to do any wiring right? or do i?

Comment

I'm looking at this JVC... opinions? I don't need hands free calling or anything. Just a CD player with HD radio and iPod control.

'89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Luke, are we supposed to cut the carpet where the box and amp rack sit? I cannot get the box to be flush against the back seat frame without removing the carpet? I think the amp box wouldn't be a problem, but wasn't sure if I should keep pushing the box and 'force' it with the carpet down....perhaps trim the carpet padding underneath and just leave the carpet itself? I did remove all the trunk tar, not the issue.
                  1997 Artic Silver M3
                  CES GT4094r 651hp/615tq @ 24 psi

Comment

this is probably a stupid question... but there is no problem with that porting style when the seat is back in place covering the sub? i see on the 12 inch box porting comes through the rear deck.

also, the sub doesnt need a cover does it? (as in the sub wont bang into anything when its bumping)
                    98 M3/4/5

Comment

I chickened out and paid a stereo installer to install this.....looks/sounds amazing! One thing I did note about the amp rack is that there was about an inch of exposed wood that you could see through the plastic. I added a thin line of matching carpet and now its perfect!
                      1997 Artic Silver M3

Comment

Originally posted by randomtask37 View Post
                        this is probably a stupid question... but there is no problem with that porting style when the seat is back in place covering the sub? i see on the 12 inch box porting comes through the rear deck.

also, the sub doesnt need a cover does it? (as in the sub wont bang into anything when its bumping)
                        OK, first, the 10" box is not deep enough to fit the ports through the top, thus they come through the face. The 12" fills the ski pass, so no way to get the ports on the face...both are very carefully designed!

As far as the seat goes, yeah, it makes a difference. I highly recommend you cut about half the foam out from in front of the skipass. There is a thread somewhere about Stephen and I "porting" his seat, using a pair of 4" ports. It worked really really well, basically the same as a ski pass seat.

Originally posted by Alexis Jung View Post
                        I chickened out and paid a stereo installer to install this.....looks/sounds amazing! One thing I did note about the amp rack is that there was about an inch of exposed wood that you could see through the plastic. I added a thin line of matching carpet and now its perfect!
                        Wait...what? The amp rack fits under the amps...oh well, another tutorial soon! Please tell me that the fans are on the bottom, beneath the amp?

Closing SOON!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                          Wait...what? The amp rack fits under the amps...oh well, another tutorial soon! Please tell me that the fans are on the bottom, beneath the amp?
                          No wait... the fans go on the bottom? Is that important? I thought the fans went on top. Do I have it upside down?

Comment

Good to see you back adding to the knowledge base Luke.
                            Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. -Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by dogsbark26 View Post
                              No wait... the fans go on the bottom? Is that important? I thought the fans went on top. Do I have it upside down?
                              Oh holy crap, are you serious? I thought you had a pro install it...wouldn't he think the fans blow upward? We mount them wrong for shipping purposes intentionally so the face you use to mount with has unused mounting panels.

I feel so bad, we are so far behind now. You were supposed to have a brand new tutorial for the installation of that rack, it is super simple, that is why we redesigned them! Seriously, anyone should be able to install one of our amp racks in about 2 hours and have their trunk look a million dollars...for a couple hundred. I am so sorry, we will try to get everything back to par.

Living out in the sticks damn near killed us, and very little internet, living on 5gb a month of cell phone internet SUCKED!

Originally posted by Bearmw View Post
                              Good to see you back adding to the knowledge base Luke.
                              Dude...thanks.

Luke

Closing SOON!

Comment

I had a pro install it and I will check to see where the fans where. If he did make a mistake, perhaps because everything seemed pre-installed, he didn't question where the fans were....if I installed it, I would have definitely made that mistake.
                                1997 Artic Silver M3

Comment

Working...
                                X