E34 525iT stereo help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E34 525iT stereo help

Alright, so I just scooped up a 1994 525iT wagon. Major/minor issue is that the guy went ahead and swapped in an aftermarket HU and took the amp with him when he sold me the car bc it wasn't his.

So now I have this aftermarket HU, but I have no amp, therefore no music. :-( I need help! The wires have been cut from the factor harness and I need to figureout what amp to replace the missing one. Should I try to find a oem one or should I get an aftermarket one, if so what should I be looking for?

I did find a wire diagram for the system, just don't know what replacement amp I should get.
    Click here to leave me feedback on our transactions. :p

I believe those were 10-speaker from the factory, i added a sub to mine way back when.

Comment

So much hassle when people hack on the stock stuff.

I don't know about your '94, but an easy solution would be to find an early '93 or older E34 stock amp. Do the "amp bypass" so you have the 10 channels of audio coming out of the 4 speaker inputs.

If you need, I might be able to hack a stock crossover and ship it to you, but you will be connecting an assload of wires any way you slice it.

Send a pic of the wire bomb behind that panel, lets see if we can figure out what they did.

Closing SOON!
      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

So below is what is left of the wiring. The harness is chopped off, no stock amp in sight and some extra rca wires.

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
        So much hassle when people hack on the stock stuff.

I don't know about your '94, but an easy solution would be to find an early '93 or older E34 stock amp. Do the "amp bypass" so you have the 10 channels of audio coming out of the 4 speaker inputs.

If you need, I might be able to hack a stock crossover and ship it to you, but you will be connecting an assload of wires any way you slice it.

Send a pic of the wire bomb behind that panel, lets see if we can figure out what they did.

Comment

Any help Luke?

Comment

Oh shit.

OK, here is what I would do, First, I bet your amp-jacking PO took the speakers too, so check that first, then get back to me telling me what you have.

You may need to go get a crossover from an earlier E34, hack it and add an amp.

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

Surprisingly all speakers there. The tweeters need some sodering back. What else should I check for.

Comment

Eh, that s about it.

Go find an amp from a pre '93 E34, you will need it

Closing SOON!

Comment

Do you have one by chance?

Comment

I do, but you need to modify it as per the "Attack Eagle" amp bypass. Finding one locally would be best.

Closing SOON!

Comment

Luke I found an amp out of a 1992 touring, so I picked it up Sunday and got to work. Now I have three addition wires from the amp and the car that won't match up. First on the car side I have two yellow blue wires, whats up with that? Now the harness I got from the amp has orange colored wires, my car has no orange wires.

If you'd like I can take pictures of the remaining wires and my work if it helps.

Comment

UPDATE: Progress so far

What I've done so far:

The car came with an aftermarket HU, Pioneer DEH-P6600. But it didn't have the stock amp so I went out and bought some goodies in hopes hopes of having a 10 speaker system. I bought a pair of 3-way passive crossovers (for the front), a pair of 2-way passive crossovers (for the rear) and a 4 channel amp. I went and wired the fronts to the 3-way and the rears to the 2-ways. Then I ran two pairs of RCA wires back to the amp, in hopes that this would provide the needed input from the HU to the amp which I then wired to the 4 passive crossovers. Got an 8 gauge kit from the local pepboys to wire the amp to the battery + and then ground to the seat belt bolt. I also ran a blue remote wire connected to the HU wire harness back to the amp for control on.

My issues:

I don't know what to do with the remaining wires in the back. Or where I should hook them up to.
                        Front L+ = Yellow/Red
                        Front L- = Yellow/Brown
                        Front R + = Blue/Red
                        Front R - = Blue/Brown
                        Rear L + = Yellow/Blue
                        Rear L - = Yellow/Grey
                        Rear R+ = Blue/Violet
                        Rear R - = Blue/Grey
                        White wire
                        Brown wire
                        Red/White Wire

Items Purchased:

(1) OBCON OB-2800i 1000 watt 4 channel amplifier
                        (1 Pair) AudioPipe CRX303 3-Way Crossover
                        (1 Pair) AudioPipe CRX203 2-Way Crossover

I can't seem to find anything on here specific to wagons. Anything I've found refers to the amp bypass by eagle. Any help would be great!

Comment

Originally posted by poopin04 View Post
                          What I've done so far:

The car came with an aftermarket HU, Pioneer DEH-P6600. But it didn't have the stock amp so I went out and bought some goodies in hopes hopes of having a 10 speaker system. I bought a pair of 3-way passive crossovers (for the front), a pair of 2-way passive crossovers (for the rear) and a 4 channel amp. I went and wired the fronts to the 3-way and the rears to the 2-ways. Then I ran two pairs of RCA wires back to the amp, in hopes that this would provide the needed input from the HU to the amp which I then wired to the 4 passive crossovers. Got an 8 gauge kit from the local pepboys to wire the amp to the battery + and then ground to the seat belt bolt. I also ran a blue remote wire connected to the HU wire harness back to the amp for control on.

My issues:

I don't know what to do with the remaining wires in the back. Or where I should hook them up to.
                          Front L+ = Yellow/Red
                          Front L- = Yellow/Brown
                          Front R + = Blue/Red
                          Front R - = Blue/Brown
                          Rear L + = Yellow/Blue
                          Rear L - = Yellow/Grey
                          Rear R+ = Blue/Violet
                          Rear R - = Blue/Grey
                          White wire
                          Brown wire
                          Red/White Wire

Items Purchased:

(1) OBCON OB-2800i 1000 watt 4 channel amplifier
                          (1 Pair) AudioPipe CRX303 3-Way Crossover
                          (1 Pair) AudioPipe CRX203 2-Way Crossover

I can't seem to find anything on here specific to wagons. Anything I've found refers to the amp bypass by eagle. Any help would be great!
                          If all 10 of your speakers are wired with the new crossovers, then you are done figuring out speaker wires. You can disregard the rest of the wires.

White - OEM remote turn on
                          Brown - OEM ground. BMW grounds always brown.
                          Red/Wht is probably constant or accessory power so make sure its capped off.
                          Owner - Bavarian Restoration
                          BMW and European Electronics Repair and Restoration
                          www.BavRest.com
                          My Feedback Thread
                          Our Facebook!
                          Follow our Instagram!

Comment

Originally posted by Gregs///M View Post
                            If all 10 of your speakers are wired with the new crossovers, then you are done figuring out speaker wires. You can disregard the rest of the wires.

White - OEM remote turn on
                            Brown - OEM ground. BMW grounds always brown.
                            Red/Wht is probably constant or accessory power so make sure its capped off.
                            If you're lying I will never be your friend!

LOL, I guess I'll power up the amp tonight and give it a try then. I'll cap off the remaining wires. Hopefully it works. Thanks man.

Comment

Working...
                            X