Introductory Special: The E30 Convertible Subwoofer System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Introductory Special: The E30 Convertible Subwoofer System

Summer is near, time to get your 'vert sounding great...so we are having an Introductory Special! The E30 'vert subwoofer system, fully upholstered in black is now $179 (normally $200) plus shipping (add $20 for grey). The E30 'vert amp rack is also $179 (again, normally $200) plus shipping. (yes, it is already grey) For an even better deal, we are offering the box kit and the amp rack in your choice of grey or black for $375 with FREE SHIPPING! Send us an email or make payment (verified PayPal users only with correct US address, please) to sales@germanaudiospecialties.com.

Locals, we have kits ready to pick up, please contact us at the email address listed above, or call to arrange an installation appointment.

Thanks!

Luke

August R3VLimited Special: E3012 "V3" box: $225 shipped

Tutorials: Killer $500 Stereo | E30 Vert Dual 8'' Box Installation | E3010 Amp Rack Installation | Radio Wiring and Amp Bypass

Just in case this is not clear, if you know you are not going to do an amp rack, get the grey. If you might at some point install one of our amp racks, or if you buy the package, I highly recommend the black. The back wall of the subwoofer is used at the background of the amp rack, so having it in black means the box and the inside of the rack are black, but the outside of the panel is still grey, so the look is awesome installed in your trunk.

Thanks!
    Luke

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Can't wait to see pictures of this !!!
      sigpic

Comment

Im VERY interested in this. In for pics too.

Can this fit any of the larger depth 8" subs? (what is the sub mounting depth?) and how does the this type of sub setup work? Do I still need to to look at cubic feet when buying subwoofers? Or because of its design do that not matter???

I know you recommend Kicker on your vert box thread. Is there anything better than that I can use? Looking for WAY More power handling and excursion. Would high excursion hit the metal that gets cut in the vert though??

Im looking at the larger Sundown audio stuff...or similar subs.

Thanks!

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by dunebuggyjay View Post

Can this fit any of the larger depth 8" subs? (what is the sub mounting depth?) and how does the this type of sub setup work? Do I still need to to look at cubic feet when buying subwoofers? Or because of its design do that not matter???

I know you recommend Kicker on your vert box thread. Is there anything better than that I can use? Looking for WAY More power handling and excursion. Would high excursion hit the metal that gets cut in the vert though??

Im looking at the larger Sundown audio stuff...or similar subs.

Thanks!

Jay
          Cliffs: Yes, we will be building a sub box for serious bassheads. We will be using a new DD 8" that has not been released yet. We are working with them to get it together. That new woofer ($350 EACH, BTW) will not fit the standard box and the box will be double the money, but even sexier.

Sundown woofers will not work in this application at all. The math is horrible.

Jay, lets talk numbers...but first, an explanation: I detest Kicker woofers. So, considering that, why did I choose to use them? Well, I did the math on virtually every 8" sub under $150 ($300 a pair is big money for R3V) and this is the only one that works. Nothing else had any power handling under 50Hz.

Lets make this clear: This is the only 8" woofer that will do well, INEXPENSIVELY, in a bandpass box (especially one that I have no control over the size of the vented side) and that is why I require you to use a woofer I detest.

Bizarre, huh? Ignore the brand name, look at the actual specs. This is the only woofer that works. This is easily the best sounding sub that I have ever heard with Kicker woofers, BTW.

Part of the criteria is that you guys have to be able to find them now and in the future. If I had an endless supply of Fosgate Punch DVC 8's, we would not be having this discussion...but they quit making those in 1993.

That being said, NOW lets talk numbers. This box makes about 135db with 350 watts on it. It plays very low too, like mid 20hz range very nicely. This thing makes real boom, but with an excellent clarity. That in a car with no damn roof is not easy, plus this design means you get nice bass on the freeway with the top down. It truly is amazing.

Especially using woofers I hate.

Due to the fact that this is a true bandpass design that uses the actual structure of the car as part of the box there is only so much we can do. Everything is a compromise in one way or another, right? We have spent tons of time to make the box have proper math, fit perfectly, be "shippable", be "installable", all of the details we have worked so long and so hard to perfect.

It really does fit this part very well. You can buy a deck, amp, cables, subwoofers and a box with an amp rack for under $750 and install it yourself. No car stereo shop anywhere can even come close to the level of performance in a 'vert, even if you tripled the money. This is one of the best sounding roofless cars I have ever heard, period. I am not talking not just E30s, but ALL convertibles..seriously, it kicks ass.

The thing makes enough bass to satisfy me and believe me, I have high standards. I expect loud, clean, detailed, excellent bass, not just typical car stereo crap boom. That is why this has taken so long to perfect...I would be willing to bet no one has ever successfully done this before, ever. There is certainly nothing even remotely similar on the market for any car.

So, about you SERIOUS bassheads...

We will soon announce the big brother of this box.

Same concept, same shape, same basic box, but with an additional 3/4" room for cone travel. We will be using the new Digital Designs 8" that is not yet on the market, or the DD 1508 will work.

That box will have a Polycarbonate window etched with our logo, an LED strip to show the inside of the box. You will see the back of the woofers all lit up and see how very sexy it is. The amp rack for that box will cover the entire floor of the trunk and will mount the amps in the spare tire well, plus have a space for a second battery...but it will also be big money.

Look for it in the next couple of months. Be ready, we will only be building them once a year as things stand now. We will see if we can show it at Bimmerfest, that may change things.

Luke

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

Originally posted by Alberthype View Post
            Can't wait to see pictures of this !!!
            You guys did read the installation tutorial, right? There is a ton of pics there about what it takes to install this, but here are some finished ones:

Amp rack with the cover panel off:

Amp rack finished:

Tutorials: Killer $500 Stereo | E30 Vert Dual 8'' Box Installation | E3010 Amp Rack Installation | Radio Wiring and Amp Bypass

Comment

This is for non-power top guys?
              Much wow
              I hate 4 doors

Comment

Thanks Luke for the reply. Im all about having a GOOD sounding system in all my cars. Im more of a sound quality guy myself. My last daily driver had Image Dynamic subs driven off an old school bridged PPI pc2150, and an old school Us-amps 600x driving Hertz components.

I was just afraid of only having 2 little 8" subs (and Kickers at that) in my car that are not powerful enough...esp being roofless.

But I think you have changed my mind after reading above... LOL I too am not all that fond of Kicker subs, but esp after reading that you too dislike them, but they work real well in your box....I am all in!

I'll be placing my order soon.

Thanks!

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                  Yeah, its gotta be.

COTM

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                    Yessir...unfortunately. You already know I am trying to get a model here. We will get that car nailed too, like we do all of the others.
                    Thanks Luke for the reply. Im all about having a GOOD sounding system in all my cars. Im more of a sound quality guy myself. My last daily driver had Image Dynamic subs driven off an old school bridged PPI pc2150, and an old school Us-amps 600x driving Hertz components.

I was just afraid of only having 2 little 8" subs (and Kickers at that) in my car that are not powerful enough...esp being roofless.

But I think you have changed my mind after reading above... LOL I too am not all that fond of Kicker subs, but esp after reading that you too dislike them, but they work real well in your box....I am all in!

I'll be placing my order soon.

Thanks!

Jay
                    Oh believe me, I wish there was another sub out there, but there really isn't. Besides, in a true bandpass, the woofer only "excites" the air, you don't really hear the woofer, per se.

I will look forward to your reaction after hearing it. SQ guys are fairly rare, that is one of the things I like about R3V, we seem to be a more discriminating bunch here. I don't get excited about meeting low standards.

Thanks!
                    Luke

Comment

What kind of shipping charges are we looking at to get this thing to Victoria, BC, Canada? Not really that far geographically. (vert box)
                      http://www.steinbachphoto.ca

Comment

Originally posted by steinbachphoto View Post
                        What kind of shipping charges are we looking at to get this thing to Hagens in Blaine WA? Not really that far geographically. (vert box)
                        Fixed your post for you.

About $25 for the box.

Closing SOON!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                          Fixed your post for you.

About $25 for the box.
                          I hate taking the ferry though, such a PITA.
                          http://www.steinbachphoto.ca

Comment

Originally posted by steinbachphoto View Post
                            I hate taking the ferry though, such a PITA.
                            That whole "ship to Canada" thing is a pain in the ass. I am a registered NAFTA member, all my products are made in North America with 100% NA materials, so I qualify, so I got us a number...yet when we do the customs forms, sometimes we get our delivery stopped and the customer gets charged customs fees...which I was told would not happen.

Let me do some more research next week...maybe the Canadians here can tell me the best way to go on this, it sure is frustrating.

Luke

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                              We will see if we can show it at Bimmerfest, that may change things.

Luke
                              You talking regular here or big bruddah version? :O
                              Das ist nicht nur nicht richtig, es ist nicht einmal falsch!

Comment

Working...
                              X