Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this a new keyless entry on the market?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a new keyless entry on the market?

Now, this isn't an eBay link persay, but an eBay store front.

BMW Security Systems

He seems to make it for every model prior to 2000, which gets me concerned about these "universal fit" kits. And what do you think of the audi/vw style flipping keys that come with it? Once the guys website seems to be up and running (right now I get "timed out" trying to go to bmwalarms.com) I'm going to look into it some more. I'd just go with the keyless entry. Alarms are pointless IMO. But for $99.95, that kit better be spot on perfect.

Other thing it says "made in the USA" but the website is canadian (http://bmwalarm.vstore.ca/)

Comments?
    Last edited by uflnuceng; 10-21-2005, 07:53 AM.

Originally posted by uflnuceng
    Other thing it says "made in the USA" but the website is canadian (http://bmwalarm.vstore.ca/)
    outsourcing to the US?

Comment

First I need to point out those keys suck. I bought one and cheap does not describe how bad it is. I used the blank in a real folding VW key that is ok but obviously I have no alarm function.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

I believe that is the kit that James Crivellone used on his car. I know his key looks like that. He seems to be happy with it. Search some of his old posts to see if you can find out if it is the same one, or you can just wait for him to post here.
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks... found James' install. He got a different unit (eBay link) that does look a little more beefy/better quality.

I don't want an alarm though... just keyless entry. But I guess I could just not install the horn. I'll wait and see what others have to say about this as well.
          Last edited by uflnuceng; 10-21-2005, 01:12 PM.

Comment

The key itself looks very simulor in construction, I'm in the market myself for a keyless entry system, and would love one with the remote built into the key.
            85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

That's the only kind I'm interested in... don't like having dangling hey chain crap like some valley girl. Just a key, a BMW emblem, and my 2Gb Kingston Jumpdrive.

Comment

Same here, I have like 5 different keyrings in my dresser, Main ring has my car key, the 740's key, house, P.O. box, and bike lock. $100 sure isn't a bad deal. I was looking at a $50 unit with the alarm, but dosn't have the built in key. I'm tempted to buy the $100 unit and push off my school bill a little longer:pimp:

Comment

Originally posted by erik325i
                  outsourcing to the US?
                  I gotta admit... that is pretty funny

Comment

Originally posted by rs4pro3
                    I'm tempted to buy the $100 unit and push off my school bill a little longer:pimp:
                    Why not... it will make it easier to get in and out of your car since you'll be living in it :p

Comment

Why not... it will make it easier to get in and out of your car since you'll be living in it :p
                      :rofl: :rofl:
                      I still have a place to live, just can't register for next semester till I pay off the current bill. Heck I have till November 7

Comment

That looks pretty damn close to the one that I have.

I love mine, the build quality is very similar to the OEM BMW Popout keys, at least in construction.

Here's a pic of mine

I had a local locksmith cut it for 3 bucks, and overall i'm happy with it. Its alot better then a regular keyfob and oem key.

my

Comment

james: # hrs and level of difficulty?

Comment

james: # hrs and level of difficulty?
                            Took me 2 hours to install, and you need a few diodes to make the blinkers flash when you arm the alarm.

Comment

I wonder if that new Ebay one would need the Diode or not as it says it has the light flash function.

Comment

Working...
                              X