Tach not working properly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tach not working properly

New to the E30 had a question my tach isn't working properly, it goes up but it's almost how would I explain it behind? First gear I don't see it move till I'm doing about 15 mph and when my car tachs out tach is barely around 3300 rpm btw its a 87 325 base model with a redline of 4500 or so temp gauge seems a little low as well never actually gets to the middle but that could have something to do with the thermostat. Any help guys?

Thanks

The sender for the speedo is electronic and plugs into the differential cover. I would remove the sender and make sure its clean.

If that does not solve your problem, try pulling your gauge cluster and inspect the SI board for leaking batteries or dead batteries. Bad SI boards can cause speedo and other gauge problems.
    Owner - Bavarian Restoration
    BMW and European Electronics Repair and Restoration
    www.BavRest.com
    My Feedback Thread
    Our Facebook!
    Follow our Instagram!

Comment

My speedo seams to to work just fine it's my rpm Gauge that's not working properly it sits at 0 till i rev pretty high then it starts moving but never gets past 3.5k it's seriously like 1-2k rpm's behind I'll pull out cluster and check bored

Comment

Also while you have your cluster out look at the soder joints and see if any are cracked or damaged.

Comment

Working...
        X