Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are non-premium sound cars pre-wired for OEM premium sound?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are non-premium sound cars pre-wired for OEM premium sound?

I'm trying to convert my non-premium sound to premium and use an olde Alpine Headunit. Is this possible using the stock wiring? I have the amp, rear speakers, and sail tweeters. But no parts car to reference. I think the amp goes in the left rear, but the connectors look different.
    JOY IS AN E30...

The tweeter wires are in place, but the entire PS harness is different

August R3VLimited Special: E3012 "V3" box: $225 shipped

Tutorials: Killer $500 Stereo | E30 Vert Dual 8'' Box Installation | E3010 Amp Rack Installation | Radio Wiring and Amp Bypass

Comment

Dam. Maybe a trip to the junkyard is in order.
      JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

There really is no need, you can certainly use everything but the shitty stock amp.

What Alpine deck do you have? Most make better power than the stock amp, there is no real reason to use it

Tutorials: Killer $500 Stereo | E30 Vert Dual 8'' Box Installation | E3010 Amp Rack Installation | Radio Wiring and Amp Bypass

Comment

to be fair, I am very impressed with the stock non-premium sound system. It doesn't thump like my X3 does, but it's better than my e36 and e46's.
          an extremely pugnacious, snarly little bastard of a car.

Comment

Originally posted by sinep View Post
            to be fair, I am very impressed with the stock non-premium sound system. It doesn't thump like my X3 does, but it's better than my e36 and e46's.
            That is so sad. You so need to hear the $500 stereo. Good luck!

Luke

Comment

Hey, if he's happy, why is it sad? If you like it OP, don't fix it.
              The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
              Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
              2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
              2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

I've done it. Fairly simple.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
                ---------------------------------
                89 E30 S52
                ---------------------------------
                Transaction Feedback.

Comment

I got my Alpine HU in. I'm too tired to go outside and find the model. It's an early iPod compatible CDA series that came in my M Coupe from the previous owner, so it's got to be newer than an '02. It's so old it has a separate iPod "box" that the iPod docking cable runs through.

The previous HU was only wired to the front speakers, but there is spound coming out of the rears. There is a dash fader, but non-premium sound. The rear speaker wires are completely disconnected. I was installing a 13 button OBC and didn't see any of the other factory wires mentioned in the sticky thread. Does non-premium sound only have 4 speaker wires (L and R) coming out of the HU?

I didn't have time to mount my premium sound rear speakers or pull the kick panels and hook up the sail tweeters.
                  JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Bump. Just curious if just the front 4 wires are normal for non-premium sound. I looked all around for rear wires, but couldn't see any. Do the 2 sets of speaker wires go straight into a cross over somewhere?
                    JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

What colors did you find?

Comment

Working...
                      X