Head unit stolen, Hvac panel annihilated.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • deansbimmer
    replied
    In... To hear the form of "restitution" paid. Hopefully broken kneecaps are involved.

    Leave a comment:


  • LagunaVert
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffnhiscars
    When my head unit was ripped out by a like minded DB the AC control itself (#4) was broken. That had to be the biggest PITA I have ever done on an e30. The good news is that it just looks like the panel surround (#1) which is way easier to replace and to find used.

    http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...97&hg=64&fg=20

    ..and I wouldnt hold my breath for "restitution" and I wouldn't risk making an insurance claim for something you can hopefully fix your self for cheap.

    GL
    I was planning on pulling all the AC stuff out since the compressor hasn't been hooked up in 3 years. Who really needs AC in a vert anyway?!

    Insurance claims are out of the question. Stupid R title...but the insurance is CHEAP! I am going to the dealer to get a quote tomorrow. I will not hold my breath on seeing a dime of it but it never hurts to have.

    Leave a comment:


  • jeffnhiscars
    replied
    When my head unit was ripped out by a like minded DB the AC control itself (#4) was broken. That had to be the biggest PITA I have ever done on an e30. The good news is that it just looks like the panel surround (#1) which is way easier to replace and to find used.

    http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...97&hg=64&fg=20

    ..and I wouldnt hold my breath for "restitution" and I wouldn't risk making an insurance claim for something you can hopefully fix your self for cheap.

    GL

    Leave a comment:


  • MoreMayhem
    replied
    Originally posted by LagunaVert
    So the hvac is the only part that holds the head in? It looks like there should be something else inside but I have never even had any of it apart so I don't what its supposed to look like.
    This is correct, it just attaches to the hvac panel from what I could tell in installing an aftermarket h/u in my ride. I think the factory h/u attached to a bracket on the firewall.

    Leave a comment:


  • blackhawkimpact
    replied
    Got a hvac panel and some stereos/oem radios if interested

    Leave a comment:


  • reelizmpro
    replied
    Get a check for restitution, buy a used panel and save the rest for ur troubles.

    Leave a comment:


  • LagunaVert
    replied
    I was really hoping my neighborhood hadn't come to this...

    Drama between two high school kids was the cause for over a dozen cars being broken into. It started with Douche A having beef with Douche B. As payback for something B broke into A's car and stole some small valuables. He then hit every car on his way across the neighborhood. Mostly got cds and suglasses. My head unit and 3 gps units was the worst of what he got but within 6 hours the police had him in custody.

    My head is currently ghetto rigged but working. I will be getting a repair quote from the dealer Monday(hopefully) and be filing for restitution. I was told not to put a ton of faith in ever seeing that money but it never hurts.

    I truly hope this is the end of this shit. I'm not opposed to curbing an emo kid.

    Leave a comment:


  • redsubdivisions
    replied
    Originally posted by LagunaVert
    I just got word that they found the souless fucker and have recovered my head unit along with all the other pilfered items! The officer i spoke with suggested going to a dealer and getting a quote for repairing the damages.

    Are these parts even still available thruough the dealer? I am fine with just finding what i need (with the help of r3v) and fixing it myself. I am all for getting the dealer quote (realoem has the panel listed at over 300 bucks) and handing over a large bill for restitution but i have a feeling the stealership will just laugh at me.
    Don't worry about the dealer "laughing at you"; tell them some prick in your neighborhood bashed your shit in, got caught, and is going to pay for it. Plus I would personally like a new HVAC panel installed instead of a used one...

    Leave a comment:


  • LagunaVert
    replied
    Originally posted by archie
    How did they find him? Got to hear this.
    I am not sure on that yet. I'm at work so i couldnt talk to the offixer too long. I'll have allthe details when i go to pick up my head.

    Leave a comment:


  • archie
    replied
    How did they find him? Got to hear this.

    Leave a comment:


  • LagunaVert
    replied
    I just got word that they found the souless fucker and have recovered my head unit along with all the other pilfered items! The officer i spoke with suggested going to a dealer and getting a quote for repairing the damages.

    Are these parts even still available thruough the dealer? I am fine with just finding what i need (with the help of r3v) and fixing it myself. I am all for getting the dealer quote (realoem has the panel listed at over 300 bucks) and handing over a large bill for restitution but i have a feeling the stealership will just laugh at me.

    Leave a comment:


  • UNHCLL
    replied
    Originally posted by LagunaVert
    So the hvac is the only part that holds the head in? It looks like there should be something else inside but I have never even had any of it apart so I don't what its supposed to look like.
    There a metal cage, that will come with any new aftermarket radio. Also a gOod time to replace the obc with one that doesn't have a damaged screen.

    Leave a comment:


  • LagunaVert
    replied
    Originally posted by MoreMayhem
    from that shot it looks like your dash is fine.

    Hope getting it back into shape isn't too much of a pain!
    So the hvac is the only part that holds the head in? It looks like there should be something else inside but I have never even had any of it apart so I don't what its supposed to look like.

    Leave a comment:


  • MoreMayhem
    replied
    from that shot it looks like your dash is fine.

    Hope getting it back into shape isn't too much of a pain!

    Leave a comment:


  • reelizmpro
    replied
    I have a good hvac panel with and without obc.

    Leave a comment:

Working...