Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obc/tach/ not working as well as interior/dash lights.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some help, I had RPM and eco working fine but was trying different cluster (which was 6k rpm) and when I connected this other cluster nothing was working at all. I assume it was bad. Problem is that when I connected my old cluster, RPM and eco does not work anymore. Checked fuses, they were good, but I still replaced it. Still nothing. This is on my S50 swap. I also have lap timer connected and it does show RPM. I noticed that I have wire spliced into black wire on blue connector which runs to my lap timer brain.

Any ideas what could went wrong when I connected this bad cluster?
    1990 e30 325is S50 swap (NASA GTS2 race car)
    1990 e30 325is
    1988 e30 M3 S50 euro swap

Comment

If your SI board is not refurbished, just unplugging it from the car for a few seconds will be enough to drain what little life if left in the batteries. Once that happens, your tach and MPG gauge will no longer work.
      Owner - Bavarian Restoration
      BMW and European Electronics Repair and Restoration
      www.BavRest.com
      My Feedback Thread
      Our Facebook!
      Follow our Instagram!

Comment

Originally posted by Gregs///M View Post
        If your SI board is not refurbished, just unplugging it from the car for a few seconds will be enough to drain what little life if left in the batteries. Once that happens, your tach and MPG gauge will no longer work.
        I have 2 clusters now. Both don't work. Only my original one, when I plug in blue connector while car is running, eco needle jumps for one second and goes dead again. It is race car and most of time battery is disconnected. I guess I should send one of the clusters for refurbish to you. I will PM you.
        1990 e30 325is S50 swap (NASA GTS2 race car)
        1990 e30 325is
        1988 e30 M3 S50 euro swap

Comment

Working...
        X