Antenna wire cut, any help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Antenna wire cut, any help?

The antenna wire was cut near the antenna base due to the previous owner's ill-thinking, is there a way I can splice the two back together or am I going to have to run a new wire from thre reciever to the antenna?

Bless me with your knowledge

You can carefully do it. Gently strip the wire, there should be a wire shield on the outside with a single strand inside. Connect the single strand together and connect the outer shield together. Make sure they don't come in contact with each other
    harry/harout

Comment

you're going to have to run a new wire. remove radio, knee bolster under the dash, driver side kick panel, speaker, door trim covering carpet, rear seats.

you should be able to find a replacement in the junkyard

Comment

Question is how do I connect the two together?

Originally posted by bmw325csi View Post
        You can carefully do it. Gently strip the wire, there should be a wire shield on the outside with a single strand inside. Connect the single strand together and connect the outer shield together. Make sure they don't come in contact with each other

Comment

Which two. I used some butt connectors and electrical tape to keep the separated
          harry/harout

Comment

that single strand is as thin as a strand of hair no? how would you connect it

Comment

Very doable. Just twist them a bit and put a "jelly bean" and crimp it
              harry/harout

Comment

Sounds good, I'll give it a go tomorrow. Thanks broski

Comment

You got it brohana montana
                  harry/harout

Comment

If you had to, you could put a male and female connector on each end and just plug them together.

Comment

Working...
                    X