Sat radio antenna placement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sat radio antenna placement

My wife bought me an Alpine headunit with SiriusXM built in, just need to route the wire and place the antenna, looking for input on where to place the antenna and run the wire.

Anyone got advice specific to the e30?
    '91 318is, S50 swap, Bilsteing/H&R race, Recaro SRD, etc.

I put mine on the roof in the middle about an inch behind the windshield. I ran the wire under the rubber seal for the windshield. It took some patience to get it all the way under the seal but it looks good now. The wire then wraps the passenger side a-pillar and then tucks under the a-pillar interior trim and runs down to the glovebox area. From there it goes behind the glove box and carpet to the head unit.

I wanted to find a way around exposing the wire where it wraps the a-pillar but I didn't see any other way with less exposure.
    98 M3/4/5

Comment

I've had good luck installing antenna between the windshield and the dash (on the inside.) Easy to run wires and snug the antenna tight in the corner. Works well, I've done that on many cars and never had a customer complain about reception.
      Owner - Bavarian Restoration
      BMW and European Electronics Repair and Restoration
      www.BavRest.com
      My Feedback Thread
      Our Facebook!
      Follow our Instagram!

Comment

Thanks guys, I'm going to try the inside of the windshield first before venturing outside.

Comment

Go up the a pillar and mount it at the top of the windshield on the inside.
          harry/harout

Comment

Originally posted by bmw325csi View Post
            Go up the a pillar and mount it at the top of the windshield on the inside.
            Will do, thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X