GE Keyless Garage Door Function

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ClayW
    replied
    Originally posted by reelizmpro
    That's pretty creative...I like it! The garage remote still gets power from the coin battery right?
    Correct. Also, the car must be in range of the garage for it to work, so I have to use a different opener if the E30 is gone but I'm at the house. But, let's get serious; when is that scenario going to happen?

    Leave a comment:


  • reelizmpro
    replied
    That's pretty creative...I like it! The garage remote still gets power from the coin battery right?

    Leave a comment:


  • bernzpeed
    replied
    wut? how did u do that?

    this is what i did with mine.

    solder the wires on the board.





    Voila! No more fumbling for the garage door remote controller.

    Leave a comment:


  • einstein57
    replied
    :bow:

    Leave a comment:


  • bzboardz
    replied
    great idea!

    Leave a comment:


  • ClayW
    started a topic GE Keyless Garage Door Function

    GE Keyless Garage Door Function

    I did a relatively quick project today that utilizes the trunk pop function on the GE Keyless Entry system.

    I opened my garage door opener.



    Then I soldered in wires to each side of the button and zip-tied them to the body of the opener.





    I wired up a simple relay and wired it into the red/black wire of the GE Keyless Entry board.





    Final Result:

    Last edited by ClayW; 12-15-2012, 02:27 PM.
Working...