Audio install gone wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audio install gone wrong

I just finished up installing a new head unit, amp, and sub as per Luke's instructions. However, I have run into some problems.

1) The car still runs, however, it runs very poorly. When I press the throttle and then release, the engine slows back down as per usual but, it continues to slow down past 600 rpms. When it does so, it starts to shake and nearly dies. It doesn't thought, it returns to normal idle speed pretty quickly. I am thinking this is due to a bare wire touching somewhere. Thoughts?

2) I now have no blinkers or hazards. The PO did some rewiring of sorts and I now have a few random wires not connected. The first of which I traced back to the blinker wiring. Does anyone know the location of the other plug? The plug on this wire almost looks aftermarket to me...

Under the driver side speaker I have these wires that are unconnected, I have the green/grey line.

I also have this:

The wires in this plug are the color of the two I mentioned that are not connected. Were they at one point connected here?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Looking through this would help you

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
    ---------------------------------
    89 E30 S52
    ---------------------------------
    Transaction Feedback.

Comment

Make sure your hazard switch is plugged in correctly. That could be your blinker issue.
      -Andy

Comment

make sure you didn't mess with any of these units. Check Panel Relay and Brake Light wires. See Post #139 on this page.

Comment

I figured it out, thanks for the help guys.

Comment

Working...
          X