No announcement yet.

What can i do to prevent my amp from overheating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You ran all four subs is parallel to the third channel?!?!?!? That's your problem. You're going to fry your amp with that. Unless that happens to be a one ohm stable channel, which I highly doubt it is.
    Originally posted by Gruelius
    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

i had this amp for over a year now, but I've been never worried about it. Never blown fuses, never stopped working, I doubt that wiring 4 8 ohms subs @ paralell mode will turn it into 1 ohm.

I don't know... I'm a musician and I've been working with ohms, combinations for over a few years now.

If the amp says it's 2 ohm stable and I run it 2 ohms, why would it turn 1 ohm??

Danny
      1994 BMW 325 i/Canon Rebel XT/28-135mm IS f:3.5-5.6/Canon 50mm f:1.8

Comment

If it's a 3-channel amp. 90% of the time, the third channel (which is meant for subs) will be internally bridged. But if you've been running it for a year, I'd say get a high output crossflow fan and that should take care of your problems... hopefully.
        Originally posted by Gruelius
        and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Yeah, that what I though, but for third time I ask, Can I really make a difference in the amp blowing hot or warm air into the circuit board?

Danny
          1994 BMW 325 i/Canon Rebel XT/28-135mm IS f:3.5-5.6/Canon 50mm f:1.8

Comment

All you need is air circulating across the heat sinks. You could use a setup like this.
            (fan)----------------------------->
            (amp)
            <---------------------------(fan)

But fi your amp is getting a load it can't handle it will only help for a little.

Sold it.

Comment

Working...
            X