Infinty Reference vs. Kappa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Infinty Reference vs. Kappa

Considering both models. Their specs are pretty close, but of course the Kappa has the reputation. They would be for my front stage, 5.25" in the kicks. Anyone heard both enough to comment?

i personally find infinity tweets to be way to harsh and kind of tiney sounding...

other than that i have no real comments on them... i installed infinity 8" subs in the doors of my friends eclipse tho and they sounded great...

Comment

Why don't you just steal my audio equipment ya bastard. ;)

I have the refrences. They are kind of bright. (Cold as ICE by M.O.P is BRUTAL) but other than that no complaints. Oh wait they lack mid bass.

Sold it.

Comment

Oh man, you have these too? It's funny, I don't even know what you have, but I seem to end up with the same stuff.

Oh, and I never got the W3. I just picked up a Phoenix Gold at Kennedy Hi-Fi. It's only temporary though, I'm starting over from scratch once I get the suspension done.

Comment

If you have extra money to spend get the kappa's, but otherwise go with the reference. I got the reference and they sound great if you keep the treble at 0 or maybe +1 as they are bright, go with the 6.5" though as they fit perfect and have a little extra kick down low.

Comment

These were all I had for awhile. Now have some fosgates up front and refs out back.

Sold it.

Comment

In my acura and G20 I had infinity reference pieces, and my friend in his acura had kappa's. Kappas were much better and well worth the price. Don't get me wrong, Reference's are kick ass, kappas are even better.

Plus, I have reference in my E30. (funny how everyone of my rides had/has Alpine CD/infinity speakers; and I didn't even install them this time, PO did) if you go Kappas, you'll upstage me on one aspect of our rides!

Comment

You will be happy if you swing for the Kappas.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Cool, I'll only look at the Kappa's. I'm really, really leaning towards some Focals though. I have time though, I gotta pay for the kick-ass amp first.

Comment

Working...
                  X