Replacing E30 head unit with aftermarket and retain premium sound and amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing E30 head unit with aftermarket and retain premium sound and amp

Anybody have a wiring diagram for this application? I want to ugrade the E30 radio since its volume knob is all worn out and randomly blows your ears out on a bump....

Thought about taking the CD33 out of the roadster and putting it in the E30 and upgading the raodster stereo but I really just want a good radio in both cars.

Ideally though I mean IDEALLY, I want a single din with a 4' screen DVD/nav & BT in the roady and cd33 in E30.
    Originally posted by 325Projectz
    don't listen to the diagram... listen to mr. swiss.
    :nice:

Im going to venture a guess that a modern radios internal amp has more power than that of an old BMW amp set up. So you may be wasting your time.
    sigpic"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." -Ferdinand Porsche
    The ugly car: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=209713

Comment

Yeah, it is simple and works fine, use the amp bypass thread for wiring diagrams.

I don't know what year/model your E30 is, but the colors will be the same: yellows and blues with a brown/black (most likely) as the amps input ground.

If you get stuck, hit me up...it is simple.

(pointless too, why would you put such a crappy radio as a C33 in your car, ever...YUK!)

Luke

Oh, BTW, if you want a new option for that roadster, check out the new Parrot Asteroid "Smart", the first "half depth" double DIN Navigation deck, it is a winner.

Closing SOON!
      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
        Yeah, it is simple and works fine, use the amp bypass thread for wiring diagrams.

I don't know what year/model your E30 is, but the colors will be the same: yellows and blues with a brown/black (most likely) as the amps input ground.

If you get stuck, hit me up...it is simple.

(pointless too, why would you put such a crappy radio as a C33 in your car, ever...YUK!)

Luke

Oh, BTW, if you want a new option for that roadster, check out the new Parrot Asteroid "Smart", the first "half depth" double DIN Navigation deck, it is a winner.
        Noted Ill take a look.

As to the CD33 it is a factory look and it WORKS and has a tape deck for easy MP3 connection. I think it would look right at home in the ol e30.

Specs:
        1989 325is 5spd/24v swapped.

Edit: That Parrot Asteroid "Smart" is a double DIN Im looking to stay single.
        Originally posted by 325Projectz
        don't listen to the diagram... listen to mr. swiss.
        :nice:

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.SWISS View Post
          Noted Ill take a look.

As to the CD33 it is a factory look and it WORKS and has a tape deck for easy MP3 connection. I think it would look right at home in the ol e30.

Specs:
          1989 325is 5spd/24v swapped.

Edit: That Parrot Asteroid "Smart" is a double DIN Im looking to stay single.
          There is a "classic" version that is single DIN...
          1986 BMW 325es
          2006 BMW 325i
          2003 GMC Envoy

Comment

Originally posted by pfahls1 View Post
            There is a "classic" version that is single DIN...
            it is a miserable POS, do not even consider it

Closing SOON!
            "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Working...
            X