Need help installing keyless entry!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help installing keyless entry!

Just bought this from eBay, but can't figure out the install. I have researched a lot and the procedure looks very simple (using wires in trunk for lock/unlock...looks super easy)

I have the LOCK function working by connecting the green wire on the alarm (negative power window output), but cannot figure out UNLOCK. The chart they provided doesn't shed much detail. I have also tested each wire with the trunk's UNLOCK wire to no avail.

WIRE DIAGRAMS:
    Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

For my cheep ebay keyless entry I used the negative trigger diagram if i recall correctly. The issue that you may be running in to is that if the kit is like mine the car needs to be locked via the keyless entry 1st before the unlock feature can be used.
    hope this helps

Comment

Looking at this diagram:

You want to use the "Negative Trigger" diagram. The unlock wire is the very bottom one. Connect this to the Green/Purple wire in the car.

Comment

I'll give that a shot. Right now, the bottom wire activates unlock.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Comment

No, that chintzy pile of crap has a garbage manual, the lines are not lined up.

I bet that bottom wire is ground, then the diagram makes sense.

See if those hacks used the words "NC" or NO" (Normally Closed or Normally Open) or "30" "87" or "87a" anywhere in that ESL manual in relation to the locks.

What you should have is 2 wires to ground and 2 wires to the car.

Closing SOON!
          "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Oh wow, that is bad. Didn't even notice. Bottom wire is ground, the wire above it should be unlock.

Comment

These eBay CL kit all come out from same factory, their wiring are all the same

orange pair - cut out
              white pair - lock/unlock
              yellow pair - connect to +ve for positive trigger, connect to ground for negative trigger

Just refer to the positive trigger wiring diagrame, instead of connect to +ve, connect them to ground.

Comment

Originally posted by ecsk View Post
                These eBay CL kit all come out from same factory, their wiring are all the same

orange pair - cut out
                white pair - lock/unlock
                yellow pair - connect to +ve for positive trigger, connect to ground for negative trigger

Just refer to the positive trigger wiring diagrame, instead of connect to +ve, connect them to ground.
                Oh boy, if this works, I'll be so happy. Thank you!

Comment

I used one of those. Be careful using two transmitters, as if you lock with one and don't unlock it, the other transmitter will be reversed!

Comment

Originally posted by TSI View Post
                    I used one of those. Be careful using two transmitters, as if you lock with one and don't unlock it, the other transmitter will be reversed!
                    Is there a way you could take a picture of his you wired it?

Comment

Originally posted by akwon View Post
                      Is there a way you could take a picture of his you wired it?

Sure, my gf has the car right now and is gone until Tuesday, but I can do it then.

Comment

Originally posted by TSI View Post
                        Sure, my gf has the car right now and is gone until Tuesday, but I can do it then.
                        Hey,

Any chance you had a chance to do this? I would really appreciate it!

Comment

Originally posted by akwon View Post
                          Oh boy, if this works, I'll be so happy. Thank you!

It worked for me thank you very very much!:pimp:

Comment

Followed the instructions and it all works except unlock. Maybe my device is defected.

Comment

Working...
                            X