This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello.
    Just got my (first) E30 - 92 vert in black. And I want to install the original OEM radio with the Cantaloupe bluetooth system... should be easy enough they said. Previous owner had installed a Kenwood CD player which I have removed. The dealer told me that the my E30 actually came with the less common Pioneer KE83 ZBM and the Cantaloupe system only works with a couple of the Alpine Decks such as the CM5908 - which I have purchased.

That said, I have a hot mess of wires with some ends spliced and some not to accommodate Kenwood Harness. and I am unsure if I can reverse the mess and install the CM5908. Has anyone dealt with this issue before - swapping a Pioneer for an Alpine deck?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3814.jpg
Views:	497
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	9935292

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post

an 87 came with a 2 channel radio, either the Alpine CM5907 or the pioneer KE81ZBM
      Sorry I am just now seeing this!
      Thanks for the information.

Comment

Reading "dfraid" post, 2 above mine. How do you find out what radio model came in your car when it was brand new? If you call a BMW dealership and provide them your VIN, they can then locate which radio model mine came with?

Mine is an 87, so I know it is a 2 channel and either an Alpine CM5907 or Pioneer KE-81ZBM, if I call a dealership they can tell me the specific model that came in my car when it was new?

Comment

What is this one, NEVER seen this one before. "CM5907EA"
          This looks like a CM5905 with an odd "NRW" "Wide" connected to the volume knob.

Comment

Originally posted by IS300E30 View Post
            What is this one, NEVER seen this one before. "CM5907EA"
            This looks like a CM5905 with an odd "NRW" "Wide" connected to the volume knob.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/38539495766...mis&media=COPY
            Yeah, pretty odd. Never seen that one before. Sticker on the bottom says something about a noise reduction system.

Name:	s-l1600 (5).jpg
Views:	152
Size:	165.3 KB
ID:	10085944

Name:	Screenshot 2023-02-23 134716.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	10085945

R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
            └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

Working...
            X