Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kevlarian
    replied
    I have a pretty low cost Kenwood that included Bluetooth; and that is really ALL I use. I don't use the CD or the Radio. I just stream from my phone. It also has a USB jack (to stream from a thumbdrive) and a mini din jack for headphone jack usage. Additionally, it supports direct control of Pandora and iHeartRadio. I think it cost me about $100, and it has 45watts x 4 if you don't want to use an external amp.

The best part? I can change the display color to a red that is almost a 100% match to the red on the OEM dash panel. It looks like it could be stock!

Leave a comment:

• shootnjunky
    replied
    So anyone see the clarion m508 as dropped by thesmokingtire

I like the look, it comes out next month I think

Leave a comment:

• TrentW
    replied
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Todd Black 88
    replied
    Originally posted by TrentW View Post
    I've been wanting to get rid of my Alpine CDA 9885 and almost pulled the trigger on a Nakamichi CD 400, but realized it wouldn't allow me to control the ipod.
    Really hard to find a good-sounding, amber lit, period-looking HU that also has at least some modern options that we all require.

I wish there was an OE unit that could be gutted and updated with new innards. Now that would be the shit.
    There is.

Search jaysterling

Leave a comment:

• TrentW
    replied
    I've been wanting to get rid of my Alpine CDA 9885 and almost pulled the trigger on a Nakamichi CD 400, but realized it wouldn't allow me to control the ipod.
    Really hard to find a good-sounding, amber lit, period-looking HU that also has at least some modern options that we all require.

I wish there was an OE unit that could be gutted and updated with new innards. Now that would be the shit.

Leave a comment:

• z168
    replied
    I was about ready to pull the trigger on the Clarion FZ102e....then I find out it doesnt have BT :(

Leave a comment:

• phillipj
    replied
    Originally posted by chris325i View Post
    I had this installed in January. I think it fits very nicely and keeps the car looking stock while adding modern features like bluetooth, usb and aux connectivity.
    What do you guys think?
    [ATTACH]107669[/ATTACH]
    That is easily the best unit available; have been looking at them for too long. I think I'd go sans bluetooth though.

How well does the orange/amber illumination match at night in the car? It looks like it would be reallllly close.

I also like the stripped down vdo models that are near identical in build.

Leave a comment:

• 17sd
    replied
    Originally posted by SnowB0und View Post
    Any info on where you got it? Model?
    It is Continental TR7412UB-OR.
    I got the same unit from EBay.
    It was shipped from Germany.
    I think it is about $200.
    Overall, it is a very good unit for the E30.
    The USB port was picky though.
    It would not recognize my 32gb thumb drive once the unit was restarted, and I had to re-insert the thumb drive everytime I start my car.
    Then I found out my old, no-brand 2gb thumb drive resolved that problem.

Leave a comment:

• SnowB0und
    replied
    I had this installed in January. I think it fits very nicely and keeps the car looking stock while adding modern features like bluetooth, usb and aux connectivity.
    What do you guys think?
    [ATTACH]107669[/ATTACH]
    Any info on where you got it? Model?

Leave a comment:

• StereoInstaller1
    replied
    FM/AM/DAB Radio with CD and Bluetooth®A modern radio/music player with Bluetooth® phone connection in a classic-looking wrapping. A perfect choice for use in classic sports car vehicles. B

Leave a comment:

• JetBlackE46
    replied

Any way to change the lights to amber to match the BMW interior?

I think this would fit very nicely

Leave a comment:

• phenryiv1
    replied
    What do you guys think?
    [ATTACH]107669[/ATTACH]
    Not bad at all.

Leave a comment:

• chris325i
    replied
    Continental TR7412UB-OR

What do you guys think?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	continental radio compressed.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	7185270

Leave a comment:

• Johnnyboy101
    replied
    I just installed the Kienzle MCR-1016 BT mentioned earlier in this thread:

Day shot:

Night shot:

First impression: I quite like it. It fits the decor well in the car while bringing modern features to the car. Also, installation and setup was a breeze. For approx. $150 including shipping it isn't too shabby.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Rouvld
    replied
    Originally posted by Heitzke View Post
    It's a bit modern, but i've seen worse in an E30. Has variable button and screen color, so it actually matches pretty well.

Alpine CDE164BT

That actually doesn't look that bad. I've been looking at the cde-143bt but seeing how this one looks I might go with this one.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X