Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andy.B
    replied
    After digging around for a while, I think I've landed on the Kenwood KDCBT362U

It's got 3 pairs of pre outs, adjustable color, built in BT, and aux/usb in. The only things it's missing over the higher priced units in their lineup is HD and 4 volt preouts (as opposed to 2.5volt). Unless someone suggests something better, I'll probably pull the trigger on this today.

Leave a comment:

• Andy.B
    replied
    I'm looking for a head unit to replace my aging 90's Alpine CD receiver. I currently have a 90's alpine cd receiver, aux in, being fed by a bluetooth adapter. It's connected to a 5 channel amp, lukebox, component fronts, and 2-way rears. The sound has been awesome, but the receiver is starting to flake out.

Must haves:
    adjustable color
    4 channel rca out
    integrated bluetooth
    aux in
    style that suites the e30

Nice to have:
    5/6 channel rca out
    hd radio
    cd player

Mechless/non cd player/media receivers are ok.

I'm hoping to find something under $100. Clearance/open box/oldstock/etc are all fine.
    I have a Planet Audio 5.1 amp that I bought at stereoinstaller1's recommendation, and it has served me well for 3+ years. I'm not afraid of off brand, as long as it's known to perform well.

I've been looking around, digging through clearance sections of websites, and keep finding units that have everything BUT adjustable color. For some reason that alone adds $50 to the price.
    Last edited by Andy.B; 02-06-2016, 07:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• rcsoundn1
    replied
    Nice, but cost about what my car did. Though thats the kind of cash I used to spend on car audio. And in a vert, egh, not the best application for true high end

Leave a comment:

• Das Delfin
    replied
    Right now I have this cheap color changing Pioneer DEH-X3500UI which is currently set to BMW orange

But if I were to replace the Pioneer, I'd want to grab this Alpine CDE-153BT. My only gripe is the lack of color options

Also not e30 related, but I'm looking at a Jensen VX7020 for another car b/c touch screen and GPS. I'm wary of buying a GPS unit because it may be hard to update compared to iphone GPS. But I have a ton of room in the other car and want to go double din touch screen and GPS goes naturally with that setup

Leave a comment:

• Kershaw
    replied
    That looks beast. But for an e30? It needs more amber buttons...

Leave a comment:

• StereoInstaller1
    replied
    Sony offers a wide variety of durable audio products for cars & boats. Check out our marine & car audio receivers, speakers, & other products today.

Leave a comment:

• spdracrm3
    replied
    Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
    Where did you relocate your hazard and defrost button?
    I actually didn't do the work, was already done when I bought it . The buttons are down near window switched in console.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• GCAutosports
    replied
    Why has no one mebtioned the Blaupunkt toronto 420 bt its the best looking one IMHO

Bluetooth? Yes

Leave a comment:

• Kershaw
    replied
    Originally posted by spdracrm3 View Post
    My old style kenwood setup in M3
    Where did you relocate your hazard and defrost button?

Leave a comment:

• Garrick2007
    replied
    I hate traditional car decks, especially the calculator text ones, no disrespect to anyone that has one, its almost impossible to get away from them but the fact that they still make these today in 2016 is crazy. I don't know why car entertainment is so behind. I went for a moder look that still matches well with the e30. I feel like its one of the best decks out there for the look of this car, not cheep though. Its full LCD full color and can even play video. Kenwood KIV-900

It also has 6 different colors it can switch to match the rest of the cars interior. The orange matches perfectly brightness as well. It can do bluetooth calling but not bluetooth music which sucks but can be done with added hardware. Only thing i hate about it is it can not be upgraded to work with new iPhones which really sucks and the bluetooth music issue. Everything else about it is really cool. Aux and usb drive compatible. Currently I'm trying to figure out a way to run some kind of iOS device properly.

Leave a comment:

• mtnbimmer
    replied
    Originally posted by spdracrm3 View Post
    My old style kenwood setup in M3

kenwood KRC-757 deck
    kenwood KGC-6041 equalizer
    ADS PQ10 power plate amp
    ADS 320is crossovers
    ADS 300i(rear) and ADS 320i speakers(frt) all freshly re-coned
    This is how it should be.

Leave a comment:

• Prost
    replied
    Originally posted by Steveb68 View Post
    These any good?

Kienzle MCR-1016BT

My OEM radio for my 92 E30 is certified and would like to get a replacement radio. I like the Kienzle MCR-1016 but dunno how hard is it to install to E30, anyone know is it very troublesome or are there any special plug kit that I should get?

Leave a comment:

• chris325i
    replied
    Originally posted by phenryiv1 View Post
    Thanks!

$$$ though

Leave a comment:

• phenryiv1
    replied
    Originally posted by chris325i View Post
    Just caught up on this thread, lots of great stuff! I'm looking for a HU to replace the stock one and found this:
    Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Continental TR7423UB-OR 24V MP3 Autoradio - Schwarz at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

what do you guys think? I like the oem stock look and it comes with great features. I am not familiar with the company Continental though.

Thoughts?
    It is 24V.

Maybe try this one:
    Mit dem Continental TR7412UB-OR erhalten Sie ein funktionales, schickes Autoradio mit Bluetooth Freisprechfunktion. So bleibt Ihr Handy während der Fahrt sicher in der Tasche oder Halterung. Für zusätzliche Unterhaltung sorgt der integrierte USB-Anschluss und mit aktuellen Informationen versorgt Sie das Radio.

Leave a comment:

• chris325i
    replied
    Just caught up on this thread, lots of great stuff! I'm looking for a HU to replace the stock one and found this:
    Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Continental TR7423UB-OR 24V MP3 Autoradio - Schwarz at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

what do you guys think? I like the oem stock look and it comes with great features. I am not familiar with the company Continental though.

Thoughts?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X