Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RBE9
    replied
    I wanted a good radio with amber lighting and Bluetooth and picked up a Sony Mex-n5000bt. I just hooked it up and like it I need to adjust the brightness of it and only set the amber color. But looks good next to the 13 button LED obc. Only one remote wire though and I may have connected the wrong wire for the dimmer. Picture is a little blurry but will edit or add another picture when I am done installing the system. Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1405983302897.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	7168479
    Last edited by RBE9; 07-21-2014, 04:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Semblance
    replied
    Would one want to get the ISO adapter? Very tempting.

Leave a comment:

• 15Michaeljoseph
    replied
    what the heck man ALL of those units would look good in a BMW

--Mike

Leave a comment:

• Steveb68
    replied
    This guy appears to ship to the U.S.

Bei uns finden Sie stets eine sehr große Auswahl an Produkten rund um die Themen Car-Hifi; Marine Audio; Navigationssoftware; Lautsprecher und Subwoofer. Wir haben eine große Auswahl an bekannten Herstellern im Angebot. Die individuellen Ansprüche und Anforderungen der Kunden werden in unseren zahlreichen Produktgruppen vielseitig mit einem umfangreichen Angebot erfüllt.

And this thread is worth the 2 minutes it takes to read it.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...o-(VDO-Kienzle)

There are also comments about this radio on various German forums. I haven't reviewed them yet, and besides, Google Translate still isn't perfect. I dropped this here in hopes that someone here has an informed opinion on this unit, especially with regard to performance, reliability, and ease of connection to an E30. To me, it looks perfect for an E30. If its performance is competitive with the usual big box store suspects, I'd pay the small premium for it.

Leave a comment:

• Semblance
    replied
    ...and where would you find one?

Leave a comment:

• 15Michaeljoseph
    replied
    That looks pretty good! I'd paint the knob though.

--Mike

Leave a comment:

• Steveb68
    replied
    These any good?

Kienzle MCR-1016BT

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dwvw
    replied
    The later model Denons also had the option of the bulb covers. I had one back in the day. DCC 1500R I think it was.

Leave a comment:

• dlmrun2002
    replied
    denon head unit

Did that Denon come with a tweaker for Azimuth adjustment on the head?? harrr harrr

dlm ny country
    Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
    LOL...we are talking late 80's, early 90's, like so:

Leave a comment:

• 15Michaeljoseph
    replied
    I like how it sits flush. that's probably my new biggest peeve with my unit....

--Mike

Leave a comment:

• CurrusDei
    replied
    RMT200 - this is BlackSpeed's - mine is sitting in my office.

Leave a comment:

• 15Michaeljoseph
    replied
    LOOK AT ALL THOSE BUTTONS

--Mike

Leave a comment:

• StereoInstaller1
    replied
    LOL...we are talking late 80's, early 90's, like so:

Leave a comment:

• 15Michaeljoseph
    replied
    Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
    I think it was the Sonys before that one that MTriple is referring to. I know I did that color change a lot back in the day, and it was something like that.

BTW, Denon also sold the little light bulb condoms, in several colors, so they may be an actual part of something, maybe you could find orange ones
    hmmmmm. i might have to start looking for these 'condoms'. that's going to be an interesting search history.

--Mike

Leave a comment:

• ringmeister81
    replied
    Blaupunkt Acapulco/ 1988 325iX

Daytime

Night

Great headunit (cd/mp3/aux), but I am really looking to upgrade to something with Bluetooth/USB in the near future.

***Shout out to my fellow Rhode Islander up above... 92 Pro Fm FTW!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X