X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rev Run D
    replied
    Originally posted by eternal24k View Post

I would be down if there was a skip button, pause, and power knob.
    https://www.crutchfield.com/p_113M18...BT.html?tp=115

Looks like this one is.

Leave a comment:

• eternal24k
    replied
    Originally posted by Rev Run D View Post

Ever do this? Looks like its NLA.
    I would be down if there was a skip button, pause, and power knob.

Leave a comment:

• Rev Run D
    replied
    Originally posted by Victell View Post
    I'm considering no head unit and just using a Bluetooth amplifier to reduce components and wiring. I listen from my phone most of the time and rarely listen to terrestrial radio. There's several of these type amps out there but this JBL GTR-104 might be good. Plus a radio block-off plate.
    • 240 watts RMS x 2 bridged
    • wired remote unit has controls for Bluetooth streaming, hands-free calling, party mode (multiple simultaneous Bluetooth connections)
    • preamp and speaker-level inputs

Click image for larger version  Name:	E30 RADIO BLOCK OFF PLATE.jpg Views:	380 Size:	53.4 KB ID:	9882044
    plus

Click image for larger version  Name:	GTR104a-600x600.jpg Views:	390 Size:	23.7 KB ID:	9882043
    Ever do this? Looks like its NLA.

Leave a comment:

• quasi mofo
    replied
    Originally posted by m5james View Post
    The wiring was similar to any other stereo...the screen mounting on the other hand was a different story. These screens are originally intended to mount with tabs that have about 2" of adjustment in any direction, but I went much further for aesthetics sake and had to epoxy the mounting tabs on in different locations. I also tilted the screen upwards a bit for better visibility. I'm at work currently but I can try to remember to take pics this evening if you'd like. Envisions |\ wedges like such that were epoxied between the tabs and the backside of the screen itself...took a few hours of cutting, sanding and then used 5 min epoxy but it worked out great and is improved from the original picture now that the screen is tilted slightly upwards.
    Thanks! My car is getting a new headliner installed right now so I don't have access to it. Need to pull the stereo and figure out what kind of iso adapter I might need. The Joying stock adapter looks very different from a Kenwood harness plug.

Leave a comment:

• m5james
    replied
    The wiring was similar to any other stereo...the screen mounting on the other hand was a different story. These screens are originally intended to mount with tabs that have about 2" of adjustment in any direction, but I went much further for aesthetics sake and had to epoxy the mounting tabs on in different locations. I also tilted the screen upwards a bit for better visibility. I'm at work currently but I can try to remember to take pics this evening if you'd like. Envisions |\ wedges like such that were epoxied between the tabs and the backside of the screen itself...took a few hours of cutting, sanding and then used 5 min epoxy but it worked out great and is improved from the original picture now that the screen is tilted slightly upwards.

Leave a comment:

• quasi mofo
    replied
    Originally posted by m5james View Post
    Flame suit on...but the GF loves it and I do as well.

Joying 10.25" Android stereo powering RF speakers throughout, eventually it'll get a small sub enclosure w/ a matching RF monoblock amp. This killed multiple birds w/ one stone...beforehand it had an outdated CD player w/ no bluetooth, OBC screen has a leaking LCD but it's not like we used it anyways. This has better fitment that the one I'm running in my E36 in that hers doesn't block the heater vents at all and the width matches perfectly with the dash.
    Really close to pulling the trigger on this. My car came with a Kenwood Excelon KDC X-998... how difficult was the install/stereo swap for you?

Leave a comment:

• Vincenze
    replied
    Here is the manual for Blaupunkt Bremen SQR 46

Leave a comment:

• Vincenze
    replied
    Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post

Yours in the video?
    No.
    It's one of the first installed.

The Bremen is on Amazon.de now.

Leave a comment:

• moatilliatta
    replied
    Originally posted by Vincenze View Post
    The Blaupunkt Bremen installed.]
    Yours in the video?

Leave a comment:

• Vincenze
    replied
    The Blaupunkt Bremen installed.

Leave a comment:

• mchang
    replied
    I love the idea of using a bluetooth amp. I think I will try this and keep the stock head unit for the remote turn on wire but just bypass it entirely at the amp in the back. Anyone else do this?

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    The block off plate looks out of place on non centered stacks IMO, but there's nothing wrong with a simple setup as suggested. If I were to go that way I might keep a stock radio in place, and possibly connect it to the amp, depending on inputs of the model in question, just in case I happened upon an area of the country with no cell reception but plenty of AM/FM or wanted to hear some news.

Leave a comment:

• Victell
    replied
    I'm considering no head unit and just using a Bluetooth amplifier to reduce components and wiring. I listen from my phone most of the time and rarely listen to terrestrial radio. There's several of these type amps out there but this JBL GTR-104 might be good. Plus a radio block-off plate.
    • 240 watts RMS x 2 bridged
    • wired remote unit has controls for Bluetooth streaming, hands-free calling, party mode (multiple simultaneous Bluetooth connections)
    • preamp and speaker-level inputs

Click image for larger version

Name:	E30 RADIO BLOCK OFF PLATE.jpg
Views:	1593
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	9882044
    plus

Click image for larger version

Name:	GTR104a-600x600.jpg
Views:	1542
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	9882043

Leave a comment:

• Staszek
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark89 View Post

Bump my question, think it got overlooked.
    I dont have an answer but I am bumping for hijacking before lol

Leave a comment:

• Mark89
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark89 View Post
    How does Blaupunkt compare to the clarion m508 spec wise? Which is better?
    Bump my question, think it got overlooked.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X