Active Check Control troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Active Check Control troubles

1987 BMW 325e. I bought the car and the active check control was unplugged. I plug it in and all buy 1 or 2 lights come on. I take it upon myself to properly fix all of the systems that the active check control says are broken.

I was proud of myself. It took me forever to get every light on the active check control to go on. I tested it two days ago when I did the coolant and oil the car. I fired it up and let the engine get up to operating temperature.

I then proceeded to shut her down and check the fluids again. Everything is checking out when I notice my washer fluid for the windshield wipers is running out. So I grab some windshield washer fluid and pour it in the reservoir. I went to bed feeling good that I got all of the Active check control lights to turn off. I go back out and start it and to my surprise, the active check control is saying that the washer fluid is low. I checked the wiring and I couldn't find anything obvious. Anyone have this problem before?

Check the washer fluid input signal to the OBC. If valid at the OBC, the problem is in the OBC. If invalid there, there is a problem in the wiring or level switch.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Also check the sensor in the reservoir. It can swivel in place. Mine was rotated so it would show empty even when full.
      '89 lachssilber vert - Frau Blücher
      '84 alpine 2dr - gone to the great beyond...
      '00 titanium 4dr e46 - bricked

Comment

The reservoir sensor can also bloat up when cracked causing the float to not travel well. You might just need a new one.
        Owner - Bavarian Restoration
        BMW and European Electronics Repair and Restoration
        www.BavRest.com
        My Feedback Thread
        Our Facebook!
        Follow our Instagram!

Comment

Working...
        X