Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Killer Vert Install with PCN (Pic Heavy!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Five5peed
    replied
    Originally posted by Cairn View Post
    I didn't have much luck fitting E34 midranges in my vert's rear because of the magnet size I think. Anyone here have any tips or tricks on how they got it to work?
    Focus on the front stage! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Cairn
    replied
    I didn't have much luck fitting E34 midranges in my vert's rear because of the magnet size I think. Anyone here have any tips or tricks on how they got it to work?

Leave a comment:

• phenryiv1
    replied
    Originally posted by tito12121 View Post
    Old Thread, I know, but what did you end up with. Im looking to do E34 Premium with Dayton Tweeters up front, and maybe E34 Rear speakers with E34 Tweeters in my Vert unless your setup with the daytons worked considering it will save me some cash.
    I ended up running coaxials in the rear (just some Pioneer TS-A 5.25" 2-ways) and the E34 midbass up front wiht the GAS Local PCN handling crossover duty.

Here is my audio thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=357472

Leave a comment:

• tito12121
    replied
    Originally posted by phenryiv1 View Post
    Luke-

I have your 4-channel PCN for my front stage and just realized that I may need to do a coaxial-mounted tweeter (like above) in the rear of my convertible. I would be using the Dayton midbass that Clay used in his install, potentially paired with the OEM e30 Premium tweeters.

Is there an off-the-shelf (read: affordable) passive crossover option for that combo?
    Old Thread, I know, but what did you end up with. Im looking to do E34 Premium with Dayton Tweeters up front, and maybe E34 Rear speakers with E34 Tweeters in my Vert unless your setup with the daytons worked considering it will save me some cash.

Leave a comment:

• phenryiv1
    replied
    Luke-

I have your 4-channel PCN for my front stage and just realized that I may need to do a coaxial-mounted tweeter (like above) in the rear of my convertible. I would be using the Dayton midbass that Clay used in his install, potentially paired with the OEM e30 Premium tweeters.

Is there an off-the-shelf (read: affordable) passive crossover option for that combo?

Leave a comment:

• StereoInstaller1
    replied
    Originally posted by august125 View Post
    Where do you get that awesome BMW style twisted pair speaker wire?
    That is CL3 rated 16/4 cable, the twist is from chucking it up in a cordless drill!

Leave a comment:

• august125
    replied
    Where do you get that awesome BMW style twisted pair speaker wire?

Leave a comment:

• StereoInstaller1
    replied
    You must use some form of crossovers with the E34 speakers. You can build them pretty inexpensively, or use our "budget" local setup, or, do the big sexy version, it's up to you.

Leave a comment:

• bmk
    replied
    Sorry for bumping an old thread guys. So the summary for this build was using an entire e34 system (2 fronts, 2 rears, 2 tweets) and putting them in a vert correct?

How would the sound quality be without the sub and crossovers? Im just looking for a good cheap replacement of my blown vert system.

Leave a comment:

• StereoInstaller1
    replied
    OK, I understand the confusion....the front E34 drivers will not fit in the back of an E30 vert. The rear E34 drivers do fit, that is what is used in this application.

Comparing the LPCN to the CPCN there is one significant difference: the LPCN uses a 6db/oct low pass on the midwoofer while the "Classic" uses a full 12db/oct crossover.

Both use the same filter for the tweeter. Both tweeters are acceptable, and the E34 tweeter can also be used if a less "bright" sound is desired.

Both tweeters sound almost identical, with the Dayton being far more efficient and much "brighter" overall.

Personally, with the midwoofer having less efficiency on the CPCN (its about 3db BTW) the E34 tweeter is a better match, but if you are one of those "crank the treble" types, the Dayton may be a better option.

EDIT: this is also part of the grand plan...we want to offer choices so if anyone is unhappy, they can swap parts out to get the tonal balance they prefer

Leave a comment:

• phenryiv1
    replied
    Several things...

First off, I see that you went with the e34 tweeters over the Parts Express-sourced Dayton ND25FN-4 tweeters that you had discussed in the "premium sound upgrade feeler" thread. Any particular reason for that?

Next, regarding the midranges in the rear, I am a little confused...

You made this statement about the rear use of the e34 midranges:

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
    Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
    The e34 magnet looks pretty big. These fit the rear without any issues?
    On a 'vert? Nope, front only
    But in Post #1, you stated this:

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
    Since the fronts are now complete, lets move to the rear.

The rear midranges are also the E34 speaker. Simply connect the red and black wires and you are done, just as the fronts.

However, installing tweeters in the rear is a different story.
    So you said that they don't work but that you used them. I know that you and I had discussed a different rear driver, which matches up with what you stated to reelizmpro but it looks like you did use the e34 drivers in the rear.

Can you shed some light on the rear drivers? Are they stock e34 REAR drivers? If so, do you have P/Ns for those?

So all that said, since I already have the Dayton ND140-4 midranges and the e34 midranges seem to be back in stock, would it make sense to get a set of the e34 midranges for the front and use the Dayton ND140-4 set in the rear location with either e34 or ND25FN-4 tweeters?

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• StereoInstaller1
    replied
    Originally posted by G-Man the Visionary View Post
    Group buy possibility?
    Seriously, this is great, will be copying this when it's time for that part of the car... Thank you for sharing!
    Hey Gman, thanks for the kind words!

We don't do group buys, but this is a normal special order item for us. Typically, once a paid order has been placed it is about 3 weeks until shipping.

The box and amp rack are in stock now.

Leave a comment:

• G-Man the Visionary
    replied
    Group buy possibility?
    Seriously, this is great, will be copying this when it's time for that part of the car... Thank you for sharing!

Leave a comment:

• StereoInstaller1
    replied
    Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
    On a 'vert? Nope, front only

Leave a comment:

• reelizmpro
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X