Which SI Board Batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which SI Board Batteries

I have searched through the forums and looked at a lot of places. Point blank ,can someone link me or show me which batteries on ebay to get? I know I need 1.2v aa NiCad rechargeable batteries and they need to be charged prior to install. But I went on ebay and there ate a plethora of batteries. Radio shack no longer stocks them and said I would have to order some. If I have to order then I think I may rather have some Panasonic or Sanyo's from Japan. Please someone point me where to buy I'm bumfazzled with all the different ones.
    sigpic87 325E The Honey Badger

there are different batteries it all depends what version of board you got.

Comment

you need to have NiCd type AA batteries that are 600mah or higher.
      Owner - Bavarian Restoration
      BMW and European Electronics Repair and Restoration
      www.BavRest.com
      My Feedback Thread
      Our Facebook!
      Follow our Instagram!

Comment

Originally posted by Gregs///M View Post
        you need to have NiCd type AA batteries that are 600mah or higher.
        Thx Greg, I replaced them with Tenergy 800mah NiCd batteries but it did not fix the problem. I was pretty sure it was going to be a lost cause when I saw that the old batteries had failed badly and the acid had bubbled out of them onto the board. Under where the batteries were the board looked pretty burnt.
        sigpic87 325E The Honey Badger

Comment

Yup, battery acid can usually damage the SI board circuit and pcb. When that acid seeps into the board, part of the board that are supposed to be conductors become insulators, thus leaving open circuits.

Also there can by physical damage by using incorrect screws to mount the cluster.

Check my technical articles section at bavrest.com, lots of info about the SI board and its common damage.
          Owner - Bavarian Restoration
          BMW and European Electronics Repair and Restoration
          www.BavRest.com
          My Feedback Thread
          Our Facebook!
          Follow our Instagram!

Comment

Working...
          X