Ian's install update.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ian's install update.

This week I've been busy working on my amp install.

This is the basic structure:

As you can see it's made in two halves with most of the signal cables running in grooves machined in the boards.

This is the surface the amps will eventually sit on (once trimmed).

Here's a couple of shots with the amps trial fitted.

You can also see the twin cooling fans. I'm not all that happy fitting them in that position, but there's no room at the ends as the amps only just fit between the rear shock towers in the boot. I'll be fitting some vent grills on the front of the enclosure which should also help (see below).
    Here's a couple of shots of the underside of the base board. All the big grooves are for the 4 awg power/gnd cables and the smaller ones are for the fan wiring.

I've also been busy trimming everything as well

I still need to paint the vent grills. They are just trial fitted to make sure everything fit's okay.

This is where it sit's in the boot.

I've broken the back of the wiring as well, but don't have any piccies just yet.

Cheers,

Ian.

Very Nice Ian, let me know when you get bored with it, cash buyer. Heh.

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
    RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

looks pretty clean, nice work

Comment

I like how that looks, nice install. What kind of subs are you going to hook those up to though, that is the real question. Hey and get some more pics when the whole thing is done.

Comment

All that work for somthing you cant see?

Looks really nice!! Lot of time put into that!

Looking forward to seeing the final product!

Comment

Originally posted by BMW03
            What kind of subs are you going to hook those up to though, that is the real question.
            It's going to be running a pair of Crystal CMP8's. Here's a full list of equipment.

Sony CDX-C90R Headunit
            Sony XDP-4000x Processor
            Sony CDX-C91 Changer
            Rainbow CS265 Profi Vanadium kickbass components (2 way)
            2 x Crystal CMP8 8" subs in sealed enclosures
            2 x Genesis Dual Mono's running the Rainbows actively
            1 x Genesis Miniblock running the subs.

Originally posted by KangamangusDriver
            All that work for somthing you cant see?
            I know it's a shame to hide it all, but I like a stealth install and it keeps it all protected.

Ian.

Comment

looks like a really old circuit board (guess that is what it is)

How do you like the rainbows? I was looking at them... I bought cheaper Infinity Ref 6.5 components instead... but I can upgrade later.

Comment

Originally posted by kylebes1
                How do you like the rainbows?
                I still need to run them in properly and have a good listen, but I'm very impressed so far. I previously had a set of MB Quart 215.61Q components which were very nice. Unfortunately one of the mids died so I had to get new speakers. After fitting the Rainbows it was very apparent that I needed more power to drive them properly. My old 5 channel was only making about 55w into each speaker, but was not really enough to get the best from them. I'm hoping the 150w that the dual mono's can supply will really wake them up

I'll report back when everything's hooked back up.

Ian.

Comment

Okay peeps. Here's a few more piccys now the amps are fitted in the enclosure and most of the wiring is done.

All the power cables are secured by those small metal plates and each one of those is routed into a small recess to keep the bottom flush. The fan and remote cables are in the other smaller groove and are totally sealed in hot melt glue that's been shaved flush with the base of the board.
                  I've still got to paint the vent grills and make the enclosure lid, but it's coming along nicely :D
                  Ian.

Comment

that is impressive, if I wasn't so ham-fisted and impatient I might try something like that. I certainly dont have those kind of skills with a router though. I could barely write my name with one in middle school. Seems like a lot of work.

Comment

that is amazingly clean. makes my DIY install look like complete crapulence.
                      IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by golde30
                        that is amazingly clean. makes my DIY install look like complete crapulence.
                        +1

Sold it.

Comment

Did you do all the routering by hand, or with CNC equipment? Looks great!

Comment

Damn your wiring job is a beauty.

That base board does look CNC machined, its damn impressive too. Alot of thought was put into it for all the wires and such.

I can't wait to see the completed install.

Comment

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver
                              Did you do all the routering by hand, or with CNC equipment? Looks great!
                              It was all done by hand with a straight edge and a ruler :up:

Cheers,

Ian.

Comment

Working...
                              X