Screens in an e30 anyone?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screens in an e30 anyone?!

I am curious if anyone has gone with a screen setup in their cars?

I just had a touchscreen put in the console area. Custom box soon to be wrapped and finished in carbon fiber to match my custom tweeter pods. Now I have a hole where my radio used to be. DVD player will be going into it, or a 5th speaker.

Just curious if anyone else is rockin custom mounted screens in their e30? Pics too! I will post my pics later today.

EDIT Pictures to enjoy and give opinions.

Last edited by Van Westervelt; 05-30-2006, 10:25 PM.
    sigpic

A screen would cost more than my piece of crap ETA, so no. Plus it's hard to get the screen to clear the shift knob.
    I retired my E30 for now...
    E46 323i
    David Schultz

Comment

Originally posted by DSchultz325e
      A screen would cost more than my piece of crap ETA, so no. Plus it's hard to get the screen to clear the shift knob.
      Pretty easy to get it to clear on mine. I put the screen where the ashtray and 12v plug were. Shifter doesnt even come close. Plus I have a uuc short shifter so its really clear. hehe

Pics will come tonight. The carbon fiber is having to wait due to the worldwide shortage. Friggin US goverment and our military. Who knew?!
      sigpic

Comment

I have a Kenwood KNAV 800 screen sitting in my display case just dying to go into the center console. I still need to find a nav brain, though.

Luke

Closing SOON!
        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Bump, New pics are up, just waiting for the government to let me have some carbon fiber!!! Bastards! J/K
          sigpic

Comment

I remember someone had a screen setup like that, in a silver m3 i think? nice ppi ///m amprack in the back maybe (I have a horrible memory)

Comment

Looks really clean man!

I wonder more about your V1! How do you have it mounted in there - does it fit good? That's where I want to put mine! (the remote display, that is)

-Sean
              - Sean Hayes

Comment

Originally posted by Sean
                Looks really clean man!

I wonder more about your V1! How do you have it mounted in there - does it fit good? That's where I want to put mine! (the remote display, that is)

-Sean
                I love it there. I had to grind out the pillars in the top of the panel. I had it completely out of the car to do it. See pics, crappy. My alarm LED is mount I just trimmed a blank panel and drilled it out. I have all I need there now, plus I changed their order so I could see the Valentine great! Just have to install the DVD player and 13 button OBC I have.

http://pictures.sprintpcs.com/i/6085...&outquality=90

http://pictures.sprintpcs.com/i/6085...&outquality=90
                sigpic

Comment

Anyone know where I can pickup some raw carbon fiber?
                  sigpic

Comment

Looks nice man. Could make for a nice clean carputer set up. I like how you did the V1 too. Whenever I finally get mine, I'll look at doing the same.

Oh, the two links are broken.

Comment

Originally posted by e30 Groupie
                      Anyone know where I can pickup some raw carbon fiber?
                      Most places won't have it in stock. There is a huge shortage of it right now due to military projects (Jet figthers) and other varous user of CF.

Comment

Yeah i know, they are also building an 80 foot boat with an M hull out of pure carbon fiber. All i want is one square foot. Looks like I will have to resort to China/ebay
                        sigpic

Comment

I've got like 5 yards of the stuff

http://www.westwerksauto.com

Comment

You could put gauges in where the radio used to be. That way you do not have to delete teh air ducts, but you get them in a good visable spot.
                            sigpic

Comment

those carbonn pods are pure sex!

Comment

Working...
                              X