eBay keyless questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eBay keyless questions

I bought this unit from eBay for my 92 325ic.

Universal-Car-Vehicle-Keyless-Entry-System-w-2-Remote-Controller-LED-indicator

I was about to start wiring it, removed the kickpanel and started researching information. I think I got this mostly figure it out, but want to make sure I am not missing anything.

I have read quite a bit of the information from this thread The E30 Aftermarket Alarm Installation Writeup. It leads me to believe the unit I bought is not everything I will need.

I do not want any alarm features or extra LED's in the car. I really only want the following to work:
    1. Keyless entry
    2. Horn beep on unlock / lock
    3. Lights flash on unlock/ lock
    4. dome light turn on with unlock / lock
    5. retain accessory power until door is open (very low priority)

I think I need to purchase some relays to get the horn and dome light working. How do I determine if i have the delayed entry model incase I decide to use that for the dome? I suppose I'll do a couple diodes for the parking lights? Or is that completely unnecessary with two separate wires? Also can someone confirm if the white "ACC" wire is for switched power?

I imagine my unit will my unit work for all this? I am planning to sketch a lot of this out in the next day or so. I don't mind purchasing a different box if this thing is a piece of junk and I would be better off with something else...

The main unit works like so:

The central locking portion is this. I believe I should be using use the top right:

Lastly here is the operations manual diagram:

Started with the diagram... I don't guess I have a way to access the dome light with this unit.

I am not sure if I can use the horn through the siren (all i want is a audible beep beep to make sure its locked). I used this as a ref http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...64&postcount=2. The more I look at the diagram I think this is prob wrong. Also, I think the ACC wire is for switched power (not sure...)

Either way. Here is what I got...
    Last edited by moosefist; 05-28-2015, 11:47 PM.

Comment

The relay in your drawing for the horn will not work. The horn will constantly be on and would fry because you have + going to -. The two 12v wires going to the relay you do not need and should cut. The pink siren wire should go to pin 86 of relay. Pin 30 on the relay should go to ground. The blue/yellow wire on pin 87a should be moved to pin 87.

Pin 85 = ground
      Pin 86 = 12v pink siren wire from alarm box.
      Pin 30 = ground
      Pin 87 = blank/nothing
      Pin 87A= blue/yellow wire from relay to horn
      Last edited by RobDog; 05-30-2015, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Also the horn on our E30's is negative. The horn also only gets power and works when the key is in the ignition. There is a special horn relay that you have to replace in the fusebox. This relay has a black circle on the top and will allow the horn to work without the key.Then the wiring in my above post will work and you will have the alarm functions that you want. Sorry I did not see you already had the link I posted earlier, so I edited my post.

Last edited by RobDog; 05-30-2015, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RobDog View Post
          The blue/yellow wire on pin 87a should be moved to pin 87.

Pin 87 = blank/nothing
          Pin 87A= blue/yellow wire from relay to horn
          Should 87 and 87a be flipped? Your saying two different things I'm thinking brown/yellow should go to 87.

You seem you know what you're talking about. I just tap into the brown and yellow and replace that one relay and this should work with fairly strong certainty?

Comment

yes they should be flipped and you don't need diodes if u have 2 separate wires for your parking lights

Comment

haha, yes they should be flipped. Sorry. My main concern is the that the pink wire that you have hooked to pin 30 is positive and the brown/yellow wire going to the horn is negative. The pink wire should go to pin86 and should be considered a trigger wire. Since pin85 is constantly grounded the pink/pin86 wires voltage will trip(turn on) the relay. pin30 should also go to a constant ground, so when the relay trips/ (turns on) it should ground the horns pin87.
              Last edited by RobDog; 06-24-2015, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Here is another link to the relay that will make the horn always hot.http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-E30-DIRE...c952cf&vxp=mtr
                Here is another link that shows the brown/yellow that goes to the horn ring and that it is negative. http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76735

The wiring I said earlier with the relay in the link I just posted will work but the horn will be constantly on when the alarm goes off (like the horn replaced the siren)and not have the pauses between honks. If you would like the horn to honk with pauses between honks then I would replace the pink/siren wire with one of the brown/park lights wires. Since you have 2 parking light wires you could use one just for this relay and the other splice into 2 wires and use diodes.
                I'm pretty sure this will work. I'm about to install my own alarm and researched this because I want to add the horn to my alarm. But I would feel a lot better if someone else could chime in. I hope this is helping.

Comment

Working...
                X