jensen heavy duty jcv2015bt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jensen heavy duty jcv2015bt

All I can find is this one video. Anyone know where I can buy this stereo?

The stereos on jensen heavy duty's site have a blue background and the part number is different.

Power is control. Enter into a new era of safety and affordability that gives you the power. ASA Electronics® proudly presents the JENSEN® Heavy Duty JCV2015...
    AWD > RWD

bump for how perfect this stereo looks in an e30. this is the previous non bluetooth model though.
    AWD > RWD

Comment

just an update, I found out where to buy it. For the low low price of $429...

Because that is one is so expensive, I had an idea about their $188 model...

In the specs it says "Full dot matrix LCD with white LED backlighting." Well, taking some amber transparent model paint to the LEDs sounds easy enough. But the dislay looks blue, not white. Anyone have any ideas about this?

Also, switching from a positive to a negative LCD display doesnt look that hard. Just need to find the right polarizing filter.
      Last edited by Kershaw; 12-29-2015, 09:26 AM.
      AWD > RWD

Comment

From what I read, which was a short web search, these appeared to be more of a motorcycle based radio. I like the overall look/idea but Im not dropping 500 for that.

Comment

From what I found, they were designed to be put in semi trucks.

I can't find anywhere that says how many pre-amp outputs it has. This is a concern for anyone wanting to use an aftermarket amplifier.

Comment

I had this model. Would have been a keeper except for lack of Bluetooth.

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post

bump for how perfect this stereo looks in an e30. this is the previous non bluetooth model though.
            sigpic
            January 2012 COTM

Comment

Well now it has bluetooth.
              AWD > RWD

Comment

^^ But now I have this, and I'm spoiled by the steering wheels controls and 5-channel preamps. It would nice to be able to change it to a negative display to match the obc though.

sigpic
                January 2012 COTM

Comment

You can do it! Get a polarizing film and take the faceplate apart! I hate how most car stereos bump out like that, why do they do that? So dumb.
                  AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewBird View Post
                    From what I found, they were designed to be put in semi trucks.

I can't find anywhere that says how many pre-amp outputs it has. This is a concern for anyone wanting to use an aftermarket amplifier.

Preamp Line Level Outputs No
                    I assume it has no preamp lines. Not that I know what that is.
                    AWD > RWD

Comment

I've got a Jensen heavy duty unit without the DVD player. It is the older version that looks more period-correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      1993 Alpine White II 325i convertible (last year of E30 production)
                      1988 Zinnoberot 325 Super ETA coupe

Comment

I'm pretty sure the last picture is of my 1993 e30 convertible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Kershaw, the Jensen unit in your photograph comes from my E30. I'm willing to sell it. It has the adjustable red/orange display lighting. Comes with the remote control unit and the wiring harness adapter. $100.00 plus shipping.

If you are interested let me know.

Kevin Whiteheart
                          Winston-Salem, NC
                          Call of text me @ 336-655-3299

Sent from my YOGA Tablet 2-1050F using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm not willing to buy another stereo without Bluetooth. $100 is a great price though.
                            AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by robrez View Post
                              ^^ But now I have this, and I'm spoiled by the steering wheels controls and 5-channel preamps. It would nice to be able to change it to a negative display to match the obc though.

Sorry to dredge up an old thread. I was about to purchase the Jensen JCV2015BT but then I saw that it was $430, so I may purchase a cheaper Jensen JHD1635BT which unfortunately has a white/blue screen.
                              What is the head unit you re using in this picture?
                              Also, if the community has any other suggestions, that would be awesome!

Comment

Working...
                              X