Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do unused OBC bulbs go bad?

Stupid question, I know.

I just bought, still sealed in the BMW package, a new OBC light bar. I got it for a really good deal, $20. When it arrived the BMW label looked really old. I contacted the seller to see how long ago did he purchase it and he informed me a long time ago.

Do light bulbs, such as the OBC lighbar bulbs have a shelf life?

no.
    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Maybe if they have been riding around in a car for a very long time. I suspect on of the reason they go bad is vibration.
      Originally posted by Matt-B
      hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Apply 12v to it and see if it lights. If it does, then the wiring in your car has issues.

In a pinch, a 9v battery should light it as well, just dimmer.

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewBird View Post
          Apply 12v to it and see if it lights. If it does, then the wiring in your car has issues.

In a pinch, a 9v battery should light it as well, just dimmer.
          Thank you for the reply. The lightbar works in my car, I just installed it last night. As we know it is a pain to change these lightbars, so my concern was due to its age (shelf life age) I was concerned that a month from now the bulbs might stop working since it has been sitting on the shelf for a long time.

Comment

Working...
          X