Wiring advise….

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiring advise….

I'm upgrading my speakers to after market shallow mount midrange… here is my plan…

REAR: 4 midrange on my rear parcel 5.25 size (spread out evenly / 1 pair for the left and one pair for the right) … and I'm using 1 pair of tweeter also for the rear… I just want an advise on how to properly wire them per side…

FRONT: same size shallow mount midrange for the kick panels (in here i noticed that the OEM speaker has more than two wires connected to it… how do i wire my aftermarket mids?

SUB: For my sub… i'm getting a stand alone slim powered sub (not really a fan of loud bass… so this is good enough)

AMP: 5-channel

Sorry not an audio person but i can solder and wire simple this…
    Last edited by crzylildude; 04-15-2016, 02:10 PM.

? ?

Comment

Just do it? I dunno what you're asking.
      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
        i don't know how to wire it… well i guess i'll just experiment…

Comment

Stereo wiring is pretty basic so if you don't know about impedance and wiring then leave it to the pros. As for running 4 mids in the rear...don't. Just do 2 mids, 2 tweeters with a crossover, same with the front. Do an amplifier bypass if you still have the stock premium radio so you can reuse the stock speaker wires. This will simplify your install. Then run your amp wires to the trunk. The sticky's in this subforum are a good place to start.
          "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
          88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
          89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
          91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by crzylildude View Post
            i don't know how to wire it… well i guess i'll just experiment…
            I like your go-getter attitude, I dis-like your "I didn't get a detailed reply, so I guess I'm on my own"

I was scratching my head as well.

Stereo wiring is pretty basic so if you don't know about impedance and wiring then leave it to the pros.
            If you have more money then time and/or brain cells, this is true. But car audio is so simple that a monkey could do it. (At least hooking up positive to negative) Right?

The sticky's in this subforum are a good place to start.
            I kindly disagree. The current stickies are not user friendly, and are kinda confusing to noobs IMHO. Their goal is to do a cheap install(to afford other parts), not a easy one. Again, just my 2 cents.
            Originally posted by Matt-B
            hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Ok guys… I went and did it… so went to remove the front kickpanel speakers and tweeters… and replaced it with a shallow mount after market… my OEM is busted… but there is 3 wires connected to the oem speakers… this is where i got confused… On the OEM speaker the negative is connected to the small terminal connector and the positive is on the bigger connector…. while on the aftermarket speakers it is reverse…. i learned that the third wire is linked to the tweeter…. connected to the negative terminal…

We gonna use it like this for a while… until i complete my other parts upgrade …

Comment

… I'm getting a distortion on my tweeters every time i turn the headlight switch on… anyone have any idea how to fix this?….

Comment

First thing I would check is that you didn't use the dash illumination wire at the radio harness as a ground wire. It can appear to be ground until you turn your head lights on then it will be 11 volts or something.

Use the e30 electronics manual to identify wires and double check them with a multimeter.
                  Originally posted by Matt-B
                  hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                    First thing I would check is that you didn't use the dash illumination wire at the radio harness as a ground wire. It can appear to be ground until you turn your head lights on then it will be 11 volts or something.

Use the e30 electronics manual to identify wires and double check them with a multimeter.
                    Thank you sir… i will check through that…

Comment

Working...
                    X