I need help with a radio install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need help with a radio install

Hi there fellow members I need help installing an aftermarket radio in my 1991 318is it has a Pioneer cassette with 6cd changer and I can't find a wiring harness for the aftermarket install...thanks in advance

P.S. I cant seem to download the picture to show what I'm working with
    Last edited by ricksifuentes; 04-26-2016, 07:33 PM. Reason: picture dowload failed

bump

Originally posted by ricksifuentes View Post
    Hi there fellow members I need help installing an aftermarket radio in my 1991 318is it has a Pioneer cassette with 6cd changer and I can't find a wiring harness for the aftermarket install...thanks in advance

P.S. I cant seem to download the picture to show what I'm working with

Comment

I tried to find one too but mine was already hacked.. search here to find out how to wire one up .... stereoinstaller says to remove the fader knob/wheel and you will see 4 wires for front and back, then you will need to figure out ground and power.... .. I need to redo mine since PO just hook up the stereo with the front wires only....

Comment

you are going to have to find a wiring diagram which shows you the bmw wire color codes and then match that with what is coming form the stereo.

I have a haynes manual which has a section full of wiring diagrams and I used that to install my stereo a couple years ago.

There are two different setups: premium sound and standard. Figure out which one you have and go from there. It's really not hard once you know which wire is which

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Thanks for all the advice

I'll definitely need to know what I have because the radio it has on looks very original to me but it's not bmw tho...it's a Pioneer cassette player and it's hooked up to a 6cd changer also

Comment

Working...
          X