Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another German Audio Specialties install thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another German Audio Specialties install thread!

This time, the system is for a really great guy and a good personal friend.

We've been talking for a couple years about this, and now that the car is back on the road, he decided to come visit us and get it done.

Oh yeah, he drove roughly 700 miles to come see us...kinda says something!

Anyway, this is one of the best sounding systems we've ever done, the performance really surprised all of us, it turned out spectacular.

Here is the components used:

G.A.S. E30 10" enclosure (waterproof option, too!)
    G.A.S. E3010 Amp Rack
    GAS "Classic: PCN

Front and rear speakers are E34 from a late model car, they fit just like stock, as OE as possible.

Subwoofer: Powerbass M1004D

Rockford Fosgate R400D

Fosgate R750.1D

For wiring, we used Belva, we used 2 kits so we could get 2 colors of 4GA long enough to reach the battery. Apparently there is no such thing as a 'rear battery amp kit", perhaps this would be something we might address later.

The 4 channel kit is the BAK44 and the 2 channel kit is the BAK42 (blue)

Last but not least, we used the Pioneer DEH80PRS as the deck. It has an absolute ton of features, but we always run all our systems "flat", so we didnt use the time delay, the EQ, the crossovers...none of it. For me, I don't care to hear all the sonic artifacts that are always audible when using the DSP functionality, I prefer the natural balance of our speaker systems.

As far as install goes, we ran the wiring, that being the 3 sets of RCAs, the sub level control cable and the speaker wires from the Classic PCN.

Next, we installed the deck and the speakers, all pretty straightforward stuff.

Then, we installed the sub level controller in a blank plate above the deck, feel free to search for the DIY I put up a couple years ago.

So, once all that was done, it's time to attack the trunk!

First, this box and amp rack are special order, we did the back of the box and te inside of the amp rack in a dark blue, to match his interior. We upholstered the rear deck in the same color, and color matched a set of speakers

Next, we began setting up the power wires. Personally, I prefer to use the main body ground, I've never had noise issues using that spot, it just requires a bunch of wire.

So, we "tape wrapped" all 20 feet, just to hold it tidy for the install. The route I used is over the fender, care must be taken to assure nothing is deformed and nothing gets pinched. Using the supplied ring terminals we did the ground and power, and used both the included fuse holders. Unfortunately, we took only 1 pic, so I don't have much to show there, but once installed, the wiring laid over the top of the side panel beautifully:

Then, of course, set up the rest of the wires:

Next, wired up the amplifiers. The wires will tuck under the amps, we used spacers under the feet:

Next is amp rack wiring, which are power, ground, remote and trunk light switch:

Then, once amps and amp rack were wired, we followed the Tuning Guide as shown on our site. Its not all that scientific, but when properly followed, it works great.

Once the amps were tuned, the cover plate went on and the job was done:

Hope you enjoyed the pics, and please feel free to post up questions.

Thanks!
    Luke

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Looking good! So you no longer self tap a screw for ground like in the $500 stereo thread?

Comment

Looks beautiful!!!
      My Garage
      2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
      1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
      1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
      Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Would be curious to know how you're attaching the positive cables for the amp to the positive battery terminals?? The positive terminal on the cable in the e30 is a bit of a goofy design. I've made mine work but would be interested to see if there's a more "professional" looking option!
        -Geno

'87 325is (s52'd)
        '95 525iT
        '02 Range Rover 4.6 HSE
        '98 Disco 1

Comment

Not easy to get a good shot of it, though here's how I did amp power in Klaus. There's an inline fuse on the power cable, hidden from view (behind the pretty panel).

More info on my install here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...&postcount=138

Originally posted by kronus
          would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Nice work boys!
            Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

YESSS. This is the exact setup i'm going with.
              Founder
              TheDirtyThirty
              instagram.com/thedirtythirty

Comment

I think I might just make the road trip up there and have you guys do it...
                Founder
                TheDirtyThirty
                instagram.com/thedirtythirty

Comment

Working...
                X