Relay Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relay Question

Do these look they they need to be changed or are they still good? If so where can I get new ones?

No way to tell from the outside.
    AWD > RWD

Comment

testing them is the most accurate way to determine if they have failed or are still working well:
      AGCO provides overall lowest costs of vehicle ownership. We do this by providing extremely high quality automotive service, following the theories and practices of Dr. W. Edwards Deming., how to check automotive fuses and relays
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
        No way to tell from the outside.
        While this is absolutely technically true, I would not agree at all with the statement.

Think of this: every single time that contact inside the relay makes or breaks connection, there's a tiny spark. Every time there's a spark, there's a tiny bit of wear and a tiny carbon deposit left behind.

The condition of the terminals shows clearly those are very very old. personally, I would not even think about not replacing those, it's main relay, O2 sensor heater and fuel pump. Id say do it.

Luke

Closing SOON!
        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Do they work? Yes=put them back in No=change them They have part numbers on them. Google the number and you will get a few thousand places to buy them.

Comment

I would agree with Luke...the terminals look like they have gotten hot, most likely due to corrosion in the relay socket contacts. I would replace them. I've pulled a number of relays out of junkyard BMWs and I haven't seen heat damage to the terminals like that...of course I'm in California where things don't corrode much!

Comment

Working...
            X