CD43 speed sensitive volume control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CD43 speed sensitive volume control

Hey folks...I've retrofitted a CD43 deck into my 92 vert and was hoping to enable the speed sensitive volume control. I ran a wire from pin #10 on the radio plug to one of the two out of 3 open terminals on the green cluster plug, figuring that would give me a speed signal. The speed volume function doesn't come up when I toggle between fade, balance, etc. Any ideas? I hope the IBus wire isn't involved...
    Thanks in advance,
    Paul

I'd take a look at the wiring diagram of a CD43 on a typical/factory BMW install and see what it's connected to.
    Originally posted by Matt-B
    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

I may have just answered my question...duh! I searched for CD43 speed signal and discovered I was accessing the wrong selector to get to the speed setting. I was pushing the musical note where I should have been pushing and holding the m button. Now the problem is the car is laid up in the middle of an engine rebuild and suspension refresh...it will be at least another 2 months before I can power up the radio!

Comment

Cool. Glad to know how to activate it. I have a lead I cut out of a parts car and a C33 that should have speed sensitive volume, but I haven't hooked it up yet. I'll post back here once I do.

Comment

I did the same thing...cut a speedo trigger lead out of a junkyard car and ran it to one of the two open pins on the green cluster connector. Spliced the other end to pin #10 on the 17-pin radio connector.

Comment

Working...
          X