Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Installing Blaupunkt CD upgrade in my E30--Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing Blaupunkt CD upgrade in my E30--Help!!

Dear Forum:

I've just found this forum today and am happy to discover so many knowledgeable E30 owners! I've been restoring a 1987 325is since March and these 1980's BMWs are great cars.

My car has the OEM BMW cassette Model CM5907, which has never worked. It might be related to the security code, but I want to replace it with a Blaupunkt CD 43 radio from a later model BMW. The CM5907 has 7 wires, not including the antenna. The CD 43 has a 17 pin connector. Many of you already know this. I don't have the premium sound system and have the fade control in my dashboard.

I purchased the CD 43 on eBay from a German Audio retailer who said the radio could easily be adapted to my car with their free adapter. But their adapter was just the connector with a bunch of wires that didn't match my color codes. Their tech support said that he didn't know how to wire it in

A posting on this web site from Oct. 22, 2009 asked this same question and a knowledgeable forum member mentioned BMW part # 65 12 8 350 192, which is an adapter. But it turns out that the part is only for Euro spec cars and is no longer available.

My Bentley service manual doesn't have schematics for the radio system, so I have tried to trace out my wires. I've replaced a few radios over the years and spent a few hours tracing wires, but I'd rather be rebuilding my suspension system.

Does anyone know where I can get a plug and play pigtail for this conversion? Does anyone know where I can get schematics for the radio wiring on my E30? The CD 43 went in a number of models, including the '92-'99 E36. Does anyone know where I can find radio schematics for the earl E36?

I would be grateful to hear from anyone who knows more about this than me......that probably includes most of you.

Steve L

I'd just look up the color codes for both the deck and car, and connect them up. The antenna jack may need an adapter.
    Originally posted by Matt-B
    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Thank you for your response.

George:

Give me a source for radio schematics. Where would you go to get the wiring color codes and schematics? My Bentley service manual doesn't include a wiring diagram for the sound system.

Steve L

Comment

Grab your manual from here:
        FS NY: two Audiobahn A235HC amps and audiobahn 1farad capacitor
        Saab/GM tech2 programming
        My for sale thread
        1990 325iX for sale or part out
        Did you buy something from me? Please leave feedback!

Originally posted by K20RI_211
        And I have to ask if you make a hobby out of thread-bombing with retarded questions?

Comment

Thank you

Thank you, Barbierij.

Comment

Did you get it figured out?

The CD 43 plug is the Metra 71-8591, so you can translate to standard aftermarket from that

Closing SOON!
            "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Working...
            X