No dash lights or heat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No dash lights or heat

I will just begin by saying that i hate wiring and electrical issues ;)

So, I bought a m50 swapped touring about 2 months ago and with the purchase came a couple of electrical issues.
    I've fixed some of the problems but the main one remains, the back lighting in the cluster and the heater controls and the heater itself. Also the horn is broken but i haven't even locked at that.

I've checked all the fuses and bulbs, nothing seems to be broken.
    All the warning lights work, its just the back lighting that's broken.

There's hot water coming to the heater core. The fan works fine, its just constantly cold air coming through the vents.

The headlight switch turns on the the headlight, but no other interior lights. The dimmer is twisted all the way up.

So my conclusion is that it is some sort of wiring issue. I've tried to look at some wiring diagrams with little success.
    The previous owner installed an aftermarket head unit and from what i have that can fuck up a lot of things somehow.

Now that winter is approaching here in Sweden it would be quite nice to have some heat so i don't freeze to death and some cluster lights so i can keep my license.

So if someone has any idea of what it could be, please feel free to share the info!

/Gustav

Comment

The rest of the dash works? This is the annoying part about buying someone else's electrical nightmare, this mean you have to get out your multimeter and probe the connections to see where the power is being lost, and affect repair on that spot.

No instrument cluster lights can be: bad/non connected fader, bad PCB on the cluster, no power to the cluster lights, or no cluster lights at all (I've bought cars that had all the lights removed, yes).

Your HVAC system is not adjusting airflow through the heater core as necessary. Again another wiring problem for your temp dial or somewhere in that hvac panel.

I'm sorry I wish I had a simple answer, but it will require some investigation on your end :(

Comment

Working...
      X