Wiring Schematics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiring Schematics?

A friend of mine is an electrical engineer and we're thinking about making some one-touch window/sunroof modules as well as some automatic headlight modules. He just needs the factory wiring diagrams/schematics for the two systems. Where can these be obtained?
    Originally posted by Gruelius
    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

http://www.soulblighters.com/e30tech/

it is at e30tech. almost all years.

Comment

Dude, waitadamnminuite here...your buddy is a full blown EE and needs a schematic for a basic voltage reversal switch? Not even a relay involved.

You must not know how simple these are. Both wires rest on ground, switch to 12V for activation. The sunroof is the same way, but the motor pushes it up instead of just closed...not electrical, but mechanically.

is my quickie write up in the cheap module I carry.

Any Q's, give me a shout.

Luke

Closing SOON!
      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

He's graduating from PSU this week with an EE degree. He didn't say that he needed it, but it may make it easier. He said he needed them moreso for the automatic headlight on/off.

He's going to make a module so that when you tap the up/down button twice it will go all the way up/down. We're going to hopefully make it as "plug and play" as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by turnofftheradio View Post
          http://www.soulblighters.com/e30tech/

it is at e30tech. almost all years.
          link no workie

Comment

Originally posted by kencopperwheat View Post
            He's graduating from PSU this week with an EE degree. He didn't say that he needed it, but it may make it easier. He said he needed them moreso for the automatic headlight on/off.
            Yeah, I could see that. Auto headlights are cool. Photosensitive? I have installed relays on headlights to make them "ignition only", so basically they shut off with the key.

He's going to make a module so that when you tap the up/down button twice it will go all the way up/down. We're going to hopefully make it as "plug and play" as possible.
            2X trigger would be cool.

Doesn't the E36 "one touch" window switch have some extra wire to toggle that circuit? If so, they would work on the module that I carry.

I really like the "100 degree vent" feature that the Scytek ones have. Some have said otherwise, but I love it.

1990 Mazda 929's have a solar-powered fan and a sunroof vent feature for temps over 95 degrees...I would love that!

Luke

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

The 100-degree vent would be badass. Maybe a thermal sensor built in to the module that lowers the windows 1" or something? I'll bring that up with him.

Yeah, the autoheadlights would use a photosensor. The most difficult part would be where to actually mount the sensor. Do you know where they are in newer bimmers? Or any other cars for that matter. It seems like you'd want it on the side so that headlights aren't triggering it.

Comment

Most have a sensor on top of the dash, out of view of the domelamp, plus usea timer so it has to be pretty light for quite a while to shut them up. Errrr...off.

Luke

Closing SOON!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                  Most have a sensor on top of the dash, out of view of the domelamp, plus usea timer so it has to be pretty light for quite a while to shut them up. Errrr...off.

Luke
                  Well that makes sense. It would probably be easiest to mount the photosensor on the left side of the cluster on top of the dash (close to the switch too). Proabably have it programmed so that with 5 sec of continuous darkness they come on and 15-20 sec of continuous light they turn off.
                  With the stock switch there would only be an off/auto option though. Maybe we can get one of these whipped up in a week or so. Should be fairly inexpensive.

Comment

link no workie
                    yeah, just checked :( occaisionally it goes down, hopefully it will come back up soon. if not pm cronikus at e30tech, he hosts this

Comment

Working...
                    X