Can the brake light switch be adjusted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can the brake light switch be adjusted?

I’m working on a manual swap in my 90 325i vert and i just swapped over the new pedals onto my assembly. The only problem is the new brake pedal is just missing the brake light switch, so my brake lights are always on. It’s seems like the manual brake pedal is a little thinner than the automatic one. Is there any way I can adjust the brake light switch?

Also: I read that the brake light switch may be auto adjustable upon install? does this mean a new brake light switch could fix my issue?

It's true, remove the switch from your automatic, extend the plunger out with some pliers, then reinstall on the new pedal assembly. Make sure it's secured on the bracket.
    When you install it, the pedal will push the plunger in to the necessary length you need for the brake lights to come on when you push the pedal down. Also push the red plastic sleeve down into the switch to secure the tabs. I just found out about that myself a few years ago. Great design.
    Last edited by reelizmpro; 01-31-2019, 09:57 PM.
    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Working...
    X