Best Speaker Combination?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Speaker Combination?

I am looking to purchase new speakers asap. I was looking at MB Quart and Infinity. What I was wondering is what sizes I should get of what. 6 1/2 in components up front maybe? What brands fit? What exact setup would you run? I will probably be getting the stuff on ebay.

Also, does anyone have the link to that re-wire writeup, i cant find it

MB Quart makes great stuff, I have MB Quart in the front of my car (nothin in the rear yet) and it sounds awsome.

If you need a writeup on how to rewire the stereo, you likely should not be doing the install yourself.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
    https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

What size MBQ's do you have up front and which model? Are they just run off the HU? What do you think about having no back speakers, I dont usually have back seat passengers.

About the writeup, I just like to see what I'm in for before a project to make it easier the first time.
      Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by 325is_e30
        What size MBQ's do you have up front and which model? Are they just run off the HU? What do you think about having no back speakers, I dont usually have back seat passengers.

About the writeup, I just like to see what I'm in for before a project to make it easier the first time.
        Thanks!
        Get some 5.25" ones. The most expensive ones you can afford. Also, you should check out a/d/s they make some really good components.
        You'd be fine with just a nice pair of components up front and nothing in the rears.
        Find a nice 2-channel amp to run them. I'd again recommend a/d/s/ you can find some really nice ones on eBay for good prices. You could also go with a 4-channel and biamplify the components if the crossovers will allow (I think most MBs do).
        PM me if you have any more questions... or just post them here.
        Originally posted by Gruelius
        and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

now i remember why i needed that writeup, it has the code for the wiring for a head unit. someone want to help me with a link to that please

kencopperwheat- Thanks for the advice, I will probably need help with an amp later on. Whats the main difference between a popular name amp and a cheaper amp? How much of a difference can you tell through the speakers?

Comment

now i remember why i needed that writeup, it has the code for the wiring for a head unit. someone want to help me with a link to that please

Thank Ryan Stewart.
            My mountains are better than yours.

Comment

there it is! thank you

Comment

kencopperwheat- Thanks for the advice, I will probably need help with an amp later on. Whats the main difference between a popular name amp and a cheaper amp? How much of a difference can you tell through the speakers?
                A cheap amp will have cheap components inside, such as transistors, capacitors, and inductors. A quality amp will be made of quality components, and will have less THD (total harmonic distortion). If you're going to be getting a quality pair of speakers, MB Quart, you're going to want a quality amplifier.

I'd be happy to help you find a nice amp too.

Comment

Dont forget Zapco amplifiers. Also high on the quality scale. Im split upon Zapco and a/d/s for a 6 channel amp. Plan to run bi-amp front components and rear fill woofers.

Comment

Originally posted by chesster6969
                    Dont forget Zapco amplifiers. Also high on the quality scale. Im split upon Zapco and a/d/s for a 6 channel amp. Plan to run bi-amp front components and rear fill woofers.
                    Damn. Sounds like you'll have one hell of a system. Which Zapco are you thinking about getting? Which a/d/s/?

Comment

Im leaning towards the a/d/s/ Power Plate PH 15.2 for the 6 channel interior amp.
                      55 watts of Sqeaky CLEAN power per channel.
                      The A/D/S P640 6-Channel is also another possiblity.45x6 watts rms I believe.
                      Still looking for speakers.

Comment

does anyone have an opinion on this specific subwoofer?

What kind of box should I get for it?

Comment

does anyone have an opinion on this specific subwoofer?

What kind of box should I get for it?
                          Do you want a sub for the 'boom-factor' or do you want it for quality bass reproduction?

Comment

I want fast quality bass, not just boom noise, I listen to mostly hardcore/metal, not much rap but some.

Comment

I want fast quality bass, not just boom noise, I listen to mostly hardcore/metal, not much rap but some.
                              If you're listening to hardcore, I wouldn't go with anything bigger than a 10. You won't be able to get the really fast bass response.
                              I've personally never heard anything good about Audiobahn. Try to find a JL 10w0.
                              Or you could possibly go with a couple of 8" subs. They'll give you VERY fast bass response and the 8s will be able to reproduce the higher notes of the bass guitar too. (Kind of off topic, but a friend of mine had 8 solobaric 8" subs in his 944 once. The bass response was insanely fast).

Comment

Working...
                              X