Radar/Police Detector

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mtriple
    replied
    V1

    /thread

    Leave a comment:


  • browntown
    replied
    8500's come in both red and blue display. Blue is usually more retail. No difference in internals, purely cosmetic.

    Leave a comment:


  • ian e30 318is
    replied
    Originally posted by steinbachphoto
    i knwo Escort has a solo S2 that is cordless and it has blue display.

    maybe your confusing 2 different models ?
    yeah i probably am confusing them. I just was wondering because I saw a red and a blue display for the same $ on ebay.

    Leave a comment:


  • Fidhle007
    replied
    The distance on the V1 is great, I always find myself under-estimating the distance of the cop and end up crawling along at the speed limit for much longer than I probably have to. Better safe than sorry I suppose...

    Leave a comment:


  • steinbachphoto
    replied
    Originally posted by ian e30 318is
    What is the difference between the escort red and blue display?? is there any difference in performance?
    i knwo Escort has a solo S2 that is cordless and it has blue display.

    maybe your confusing 2 different models ?

    Leave a comment:


  • TheEtaUnderdog
    replied
    none that i am aware. i have the red and it works wonders. the blue is just blue? and 10 bucks more i think

    Leave a comment:


  • ian e30 318is
    replied
    What is the difference between the escort red and blue display?? is there any difference in performance?

    Leave a comment:


  • TheEtaUnderdog
    replied
    Passport FTW

    On the highway you'll be picking them up long before they see you. In the city, you'll get a good warning. Love it to death

    Leave a comment:


  • steinbachphoto
    replied
    I would definitely recommend the Escort Passport 8500 x50 or the Escort Solo S2. Nice thing with the S2 is that its cordless!!

    Leave a comment:


  • browntown
    replied
    I had the 8500 x50 and it was an excellent detector but broke on me, cost a 100$ to fix, then started acting funny a year later. Only 6 months in on the V1, so I'll let you know in about a year how it's longevity is.

    Leave a comment:


  • smonkbmw
    replied
    +1 for passport 8500 with laser shift.

    Leave a comment:


  • Funkmasta
    replied
    The V1 and Laser Pro setup really works well.

    The V1 gives me really great warning, AND direction, The Laser Pro keeps me protected from Laser assaults.

    Granted it is a $950 setup between the two of them... ouch

    Leave a comment:


  • Addissimo
    replied
    i have the passport x50... or whatever it is... It works wonderfully on the highway, I get about 2 miles with ka band, and pop detection. In my cabrio I had the zr3 lazer shifters, which plug into the x50. Amazing stuff. They work quite well. Got out of 3 big tickets in the time I owned the system, didn't even get pulled over.

    But thats kindof a big install.

    I like my x50 though.

    -Addis

    Leave a comment:


  • Funkmasta
    replied
    I run V1 and Laser Pro

    Leave a comment:


  • jerods87e30
    replied
    x4 on the V1 ..... and for the record no detector is good with detecting laser since as soon as you detect the laser signal the cop already knows how fast you are going.. They are instant and can not pick up the signal from other cars being targeted like regular radar signals
    Yeah,
    it's basically just a nice little tool that kindly lets you know, "oh fuck I'm gonna be pulled over now." So really it does next to no good.

    I got a Cobra cheaper model ($65 worth) for free just for kicks and it downright SUCKS. It claim it as the 360 degree pick-up scanning, and it does have the 3 frequency system, but nonetheless, it doesn't pick up shit, literally. A lot of cars now have a small unit that can detect speeds mounted in the rear window of their cars (especially State patrol squad cars) and it detects you from in front of you. Mine didn't pick it up at all the other day and he was right in front of me, not to mention when he was right beside me. Plus the range is like 300 feet. So the V1, eh? What are the features?

    Leave a comment:

Working...