Radar/Police Detector
Collapse
X
-
There won't be, trust me I've been there many times! Your best bet is to mount it as high as possible with a remote display, I've had the least hassles with that setup, not to mention finding hidden Instant-On state troopers 2 miles away... -
Agreed! Mine is switched as well, so when I cut ignition - like fidhle - the v1 shuts off. If I ever get pulled over, I'm going to yank my v1 down as he's turning around and throw it in my dash - if there's time. lolLeave a comment:
-
I've had very similar experiences to Sean, although I STRONGLY recommend hardwiring to a switched power source and the remote display. When I used to get pulled over without the remote display I used to get much more of a hassle than I do with my current setup. Now when I get pulled over I just kill the ignition and everything shuts down. This puts the cops more at ease and I've never been hassled about the V1 since, whether it's because they don't see it or just don't care I'm not really sure.Leave a comment:
-
I have mine hardwired, and I pick up signals that my dad doesn't with his mounted at the bottom of his windsheild. But, I love having it there...no concealed display yet.
One thing for sure though, you still have to be aware. If a cop is driving along, and is using instant on, and he sees you going twice the speed of a car you're passing, and flips on his radar, you're toast. All the V1 would do is tell you you're toast.
It's happened to me twice, and both times the cop never showed up in my mirror, and I got lucky.
However, my V1 has saved me from a combined amount of well over $1500 worth of tickets and even more in insurance probably. LOLLeave a comment:
-
Can you elaborate on this? I have my display in my heater panel just above my radio but I'd love a sexier location!IMHO the way to go is V1. I'd get it hardwired and I'd get the concealed display...http://valentine1.com/moreinfo/Conce...ay_pg18-19.pdf .... and mount that in a modified O2 sensor light thing that goes on the dash board of early 318i's.Leave a comment:
-
IMHO the way to go is V1. I'd get it hardwired and I'd get the concealed display...http://valentine1.com/moreinfo/Conce...ay_pg18-19.pdf .... and mount that in a modified O2 sensor light thing that goes on the dash board of early 318i's.Leave a comment:
-
I absolutely love my Dad's V1. I never bought one though. I do travel quite a bit. On the interstate I speed, but I travel the same roads and cops are not bad at all around here. The cops are all pretty much in the same places too. When I wanted one and needed it I couldn't afford it. Now that I can I can't justify $400. Those who need a detector get the V1. I did pee myself the one time the laser notification went on.Leave a comment:
-
There is no such thing as a passive radar scrambler and active radar scramblers are highly illegal and therefore not available. It's just a marketing scam the Rocky Mountain thought up to get people to buy their detectors.
Just buy a V1 and call it a day, I pick up state troopers hidden in the bushes a solid 2 miles away.Leave a comment:
-
check out this site. has anybody tired this?Leave a comment:
-
Dunno about that one but better late than never, I love my V1 too.Leave a comment:
-
Anybody got a Phaser2? Supposed to be nice, but haven't seen/used one. Don't know about the distance, but the scrambling of their radar display is supposedly pretty good and everything...Leave a comment:
-
"once you've driven with the arrows, you'll wonder how you ever drove without them"
/trufLeave a comment:

Leave a comment: