No announcement yet.

analog clock install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The analog clock bracket is part # 62-13-1-380-009. I got it from the dealer for $4.14, tax included.

Comment

Originally posted by SpartanTiger81 View Post
      Does anybody know if a 6 button obc has a bracket that will hook up to the analog clock?
      yes, it has the same craddle/bracket the clock sits in
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by twothrees View Post
        The analog clock bracket is part # 62-13-1-380-009. I got it from the dealer for $4.14, tax included.
        Thanks to all of you very much.

Jay
        Here is my photo gallery answering common questions about Ground Control Suspension, and e30 suspension problems in general.
        Ground Control Gallery

The Ground Control facebook page: Dragged, kicking and screaming into social media to see what happens next.
        Ground Control facebook page

Comment

If any of you need the correct harness for it let me know, I have a spare with long wires. $5 shipped and it's yours.
          Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Just for clarification, if you have a two/six button obc, it uses the same cradle as the analog clock. If you have a 13 button obc you will need to purchase said bracket. I just followed this writeup and it is spot on.
            '88 325ic

Comment

i jsut used the power, illumination, and ground wires from my jvc cd player for power, matched them up with the 4 wires on the clock harness and wired in a fuse. it works perfect.

solid brown and brown w/ red connect with the black ground
              grey w/ red stripe connect with the red illunimation
              red w/ green stripe connect with the yellow power

hope this helps a bit...

89 Alpine White e30 325i

Comment

as stated earlier, disconnect your battery before cutting the wires!!!!!

i don't know how, since the gauge of the wires is so small and it never went to ground, but i burned up part of the circuit board in my speedo (i was in perfect working order before!) causing my tach and L per/ 100km to quit working. i also opened up the clock and found a burned circuit path also.

i swapped out the board with another one and it works fine now.
                i resoldered the clock and it is fine too.

just a heads up!
                seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I just picked one of these up, look forward to the install.

People should post up pics of their final result!

Comment

Great thread!! I have the 6 button OBC. The light bar is gone and I can live with out knowing the outside temp. If I had the 13 button, I'd keep it because of all the cool info you get.

But I love the classic look of the analog clock! So retro!

Comment

Just wanted to comment I have installed 2 of these analog clocks and this write has been perfect. I would like to add a little bit to the wiring though to make it easier.

Analog Clock Wires

#30 Red/Green +12v (Power)
                      #31 Brown -12v (Ground)
                      #31 G Brown/Black -12v (Ground, Illumination)
                      #58 K Grey/Red +12v (Power, Illumination)

Vehicle Wiring Harness Side

Red/White +12v (Power)
                      Brown -12v (Ground)
                      Brown/White -12v (Ground, Illumination)
                      Grey/Red +12v (Power, Illumination)

Match The Pairs

Red/Green = Red White
                      Brown = Brown
                      Brown/Black = Brown/White
                      Grey Red = Grey Red

Thats it, Super Simple.

Also I use Scothlocks, or as I call them Vampire Taps. This way you do not have to cut any wires and no butt connectors. If you ever want to restore the original OBC, you simply remove the vampire taps and plug the harness back in.

Thanks to bmw325csi for the original article, its proven very helpful.

PS: Here is a picture of the first install along with a BMW Traffic Pro Satellite Radio with Ipod and Bluetooth functionality. I am apparently the first person to get a Parrot Bluetooth handsfree phone setup and Ipod functionality to work together with the BMW Traffic Pro in a E30. The Analog Clock was just icing on the cake :)

Comment

I just got an analog clock from the UK. The only problem is it didn't come with the wiring harness.

Does the harness for the 6 button OBC fit?

Comment

does the analog clock lose a minute every month or so like the OBC clock?
                          http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

shit, i still havent installed mine. I need to get the plug

Comment

Well I don't have any extra plugs but I have 2 analog clocks right now if anyone is interested. I am going to put them in a FS thread soon
                              Originally posted by Nicademus
                              My car beats off to that car. :bow:

Comment

Thanks for the add Robert. That makes it much easier.

Man I wanna put mine back in, but I can justify ripping out the 13 button in the vert:(
                                harry/harout

Comment

Working...
                                X