No announcement yet.

Ghetto Fab iPod install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

put it to the right of the e-brake handle tilted back with the dock recessed into the center console, that would be tits. It's where I have the remote for my stereo, ridiculously convenient

Comment

sounds cool Kris, keep us posted.
      sigpicM42 Brigade ... Throwing craze in the 318

Comment

Originally posted by bimmerphile
        I have a kickass iPod install planned.

You'll see after it is done.

After I get a car.

And a new iPod.
        kris i have a plan for you.

just buy a center console outa an e30. and then make a cardboard ipod, and show us how your gonna rig it up :)

EDIT: LOL
        Cam .W '91 325is

Spaz's 1991 Alpine White???? S52 Build Thread...

Comment

I have the exact same setup in my 318is. Heidelberg head unit with aux in cable coming out of the ashtray so I can hook my iPod up. I've had it for almost a year now and it works wonderfully.

Jake, do you have a charger hooked up to the iPod? I tried that but I got a really nasty RPM whine. I assumed that I had a ground loop but I hooked it up to my Dad's E46 and it did the same thing (even through a tape adapter).

Comment

yeah ive got the Belkin charger, and yes i had a nasty ground loop after i installed it. so i installed a ground loop isolator inline between the iPod and the headunit. works perfectly now. picked up the isolator from my local car parts/audio shop. hth, jake

Comment

Originally posted by Bryson
              put it to the right of the e-brake handle tilted back with the dock recessed into the center console, that would be tits. It's where I have the remote for my stereo, ridiculously convenient
              You mean that slot beside the E-Brake? Thats where I keep my phone, its in the perfect spot.
              -Jetta GLi

Comment

Originally posted by Clay'87IS
                Originally posted by Bryson
                You mean that slot beside the E-Brake? Thats where I keep my phone, its in the perfect spot.
                no, the empty surface where heated seat switches go.
                My mountains are better than yours.

Comment

Here's a thought. How about modifying one of those coin holders (that replace the ash tray) or building a modded version of that with the iPod dock in the bottom of it.

Comment

Here's how they do it on a new BMW...

Learn how to set up and use your iPod touch. Find all the topics, resources, and contact options you need for your iPod touch.

Comment

loose in the glovebox?! c'mon miow. couldnt they have put some more thought into it?!

Comment

I wonder how much it costs too
                        BEERTECH

Comment

Originally posted by Streetspec_iS
                          loose in the glovebox?! c'mon miow. couldnt they have put some more thought into it?!
                          With the speed at which iPod accessories are developed and released, I'm sure there are a few cradles already in the works as we speak. ;)

Comment

Working...
                          X