Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

XM or Sirius - tell me what you have, and if you like it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XM or Sirius - tell me what you have, and if you like it.

I hear one has Howard Stearn, and the other has more sports content but aside from that I know nothing. So tell me what you have & what you think. On the backside how have you been treated as a customer?

Luke - as always, please give your input as a retailer too - so I know what slant to expect from the viewpoint of a store that views me as a walking wallet. Is there a bigger profit margin on one vs. the other?

Thanks all.

It's not how you handle the good times, but the faith you keep in the bad that defines you.

Satellite radio has been locked in a "race to zero" since it launched.

No money for the retailer unless your name rhymes with Shircuit Shitty, basically.

As far as content, both blow, IMO, no one has a dedicated 70s Funk channel.

I have several XM boxes in stock. I do not really care if I ever sell them. I have a Kenwood Sirius box with a free lifetime subscription and I do not even use it. I will eventually set it up as shop tunes...eventually.

Luke

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Cool. Thanks for being honest. My buddy has it in his truck & we usually leave it on some comedy channel and the rock stations. I'm not much for talk radio, I just don't get into it so Howard Stern wasn't a selling point to me.

Anybody else?

It's not how you handle the good times, but the faith you keep in the bad that defines you.

Comment

I have a buddy with Sirius and I have XM.
        XM has been employing little ads more and more while Sirius still has none.
        Sirius seems to have more stations without edited songs/content.
        Besides that... Ehhh... I would have Sirius over XM probably, but it doesn't really matter.

Comment

got xm, it just sounds better to me even on a RF channel. i listen mostly to the dance channels (3 of em), the 90s, and the uncensored comedy channel.

Comment

XM for about two years now, can't go back to regular FM radio.
            Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

XM is for younger people
              Sirius is for older people
              Originally posted by Gruelius
              and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

they're both supposed to be merging soon anyway....but i have xm. xm has opie and anthony (stern is a hack), mlb, and ncaa sports. sirius has nfl, and nascar i think.

Comment

depends on if you are gonna use xm or sirius for the content, or to introduce yourself to new music.

Get it if you want the content.
                  If you just want music, your better off getting a ipod and downloading your own.

Oh another thing is installing the antenna. I know for sirius I get inteferance with the antenna on my trunklid.
                  Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
                  http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

XM for the last 3 or 4 years. I love it for the NHL if nothing else. Comedy channels are good and the 80's station...
                    Originally posted by Simon S
                    When a dream is a dream for too long - it becomes a fantasy..

Comment

haha, Jeff is younger!

Closing SOON!
                      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                        haha, Jeff is younger!
                        well yeah that would make sense, you said you had sirius right?

Comment

I've had XM for about 3 years now, and I can't go back to FM either. Its worth its weight in gold on long road trips. I haven't tried Sirius though...

'05 E46 M3 Imolarot/Cinnamon - CURRENT
                          '98 E36 M3 Estorilblau/Dove - SOLD
                          '90 E30 M3 Brilliantrot/Black - SOLD
                          SRS BSNS Motorsports - 24hrs of LeMons Racer

Comment

Sirius for me

I like "Bubba the Love Sponge" on Sirius!

Comment

I have Sirius, with an S100. I mostly listen to music (90's rock on 24) but alsi first wave (80's- early 90) on 22.

I like it alot but dealing with customer service, I would not wish on my worst enemy.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Working...
                              X