Premium sound wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Premium sound wiring

Alright, so I got a new headunit and ran new wires to the front speakers, and I don't really want to run new wire to the back for the rears.

I have a 87 325e with the premium sound setup, there is a factory amp in the trunk and it has the fader above the radio. I pretty much want to use existing wires to get to the rears if someone could help that'd be awesome

Thanks.
    1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Run new wire.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
    https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Simple enough. Cut the fader plug off, and chuck it and the solid blue and solid yellow wire in the trash.

Connect the yellow/black wire to the green/black wire from the headunit.
      Connect the yellow/red wire to the green wire from the headunit.
      Connect the blue/black wire to the purple/black wire from the headunit.
      Connect the blue/red wire to the purple wire from the headunit.

Now go to the connector for the factory amp, unplug it and cut these wires:

Two black/brown wires
      Black/purple
      Black/white
      Yellow/black
      Yellow/red
      Blue/black
      Blue/red

Connect the black/purple to yellow/black.
      Connect the black/white to blue/red.
      Now temporarily connect a black/brown wire to the yellow/red wire and turn on the headunit. If sound comes from the left speaker, make the connection permanent, and connect the other black/brown wire to the blue/black wire. If there is no sound, reverse the black/brown wires.
      -Dave
      2003 Lincoln Towncar | 1992 BMW 325iC | 1968 Cadillac Deville

Need some help figuring out the ETM?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveSmed View Post
        Simple enough. Cut the fader plug off, and chuck it and the solid blue and solid yellow wire in the trash.

Connect the yellow/black wire to the green/black wire from the headunit.
        Connect the yellow/red wire to the green wire from the headunit.
        Connect the blue/black wire to the purple/black wire from the headunit.
        Connect the blue/red wire to the purple wire from the headunit.

Now go to the connector for the factory amp, unplug it and cut these wires:

Two black/brown wires
        Black/purple
        Black/white
        Yellow/black
        Yellow/red
        Blue/black
        Blue/red

Connect the black/purple to yellow/black.
        Connect the black/white to blue/red.
        Now temporarily connect a black/brown wire to the yellow/red wire and turn on the headunit. If sound comes from the left speaker, make the connection permanent, and connect the other black/brown wire to the blue/black wire. If there is no sound, reverse the black/brown wires.
        Yea I tried that myself before you posted it using diagrams. I just said fuck it and went and bought 60' of wire, connectors and heat shrink tube. I lost the sound from my tweeters but oh well I'll wire em up later.
        1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Comment

Working...
        X