E30 cabrio ICE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike 91 318ic
    how do you figure there's a bottle neck? It's just a preamp... the power comes from the amps. It's alive enough for me, it goes much louder than I need it too, it's total over kill, but it comes in handy on the hwy with the top down. Yes I'm very happy with it, if I wasn't then that's another story.

ttyl
    M
    The pre-amp is aruably the most important part of the system. What is the point of having quality interconnects and quality amplifiers and speakers if they signal going to them is less than stellar? Everything starts at the pre-amp, which is why it is important to have a pre-amp with a high quality DAC to send a high quality signal to the amplifier via the RCA cables.
    Originally posted by Gruelius
    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

ok fair enough can you tell me what good specs are? and I'll compare it to mine.

tks
      Mike

Comment

Generally if you're going to use an external amp (as everyone should), you don't want the CD player to have an internal one (too much heat on the internal components). Also, as far as DA converters go, you want one with 8x oversampling at least. 18 or 20 bit Brown Burr converters are awesome quality. Also, some very high end decks actually have a full copper chassis for emf shielding (Sony used to make a really nice one like that, as did Eclipse).
        Originally posted by Gruelius
        and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosica
          Originally posted by Mike 91 318ic
          I'm also going to remove the 50lb lead weight
          huh? where is this?
          I think cabrio's had a lead weight in the trunk where the battery normally is to distribute weight better.

I'm definitely pulling that tar shit off the floor of the trunk when I get my car.

Comment

Working...
          X